Forum 5

Dashcam install - G31

JCP

Hi all, does anyone have experience of a dashcam install in a G31. The only front fuse box I can locate is on the driver's side and annoyingly there are no fuse diagrams in the car so I can't even work out which fuse is which. I was hoping for easier cable routing there would be one on the passenger side like my previous F11 but if there is, I can't find it.

3 hours ago, JCP said:

Hi all, does anyone have experience of a dashcam install in a G31. The only front fuse box I can locate is on the driver's side and annoyingly there are no fuse diagrams in the car so I can't even work out which fuse is which. I was hoping for easier cable routing there would be one on the passenger side like my previous F11 but if there is, I can't find it.

Use fuse F59 in the offside front fuse box. Install a fuse piggyback for the connection. I did this on my 6GT a few years ago (same electrics as the G31) and it works perfectly. I removed the cover on the rearview mirror and the offside A Pillar cover and tucked the hardwire wiring along the headlining and down that pillar which leaves a very neat installation.

image.thumb.png.d30af575624e6bc55f4fd46bee4963f5.png