Forum 5

Beware ECUTESTING for ABS Rebuilds - honest review...

greaseminky

With the amount of problems that are caused by the internal design of the Bosch 5.7 ABS ECU causing the infamous 'trifecta' of warning lights well documented elsewhere, I thought it would be useful to advise all of my experience of dealing with ECUTESTING.

They say they 're-manufacture' the ECU and provide a LIFETIME warranty on their work.

I will not bore everyone with the full ins and outs, but I am now 10 weeks down the line after their initial work managed to brick my original module, and the replacement they had to be forced to provide was just a salvage part (that they didn't bother rebuilding), which was also faulty.

Their customer communication is very poor, the phone goes unanswered, emails go unanswered, and whoever you speak to on their chat client seems mostly unable to achieve anything.

Feel free to draw your own conclusions.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

>>Update: After further delays they did pull their finger out and provide yet another replacement that had been rebuilt, and so far (everything crossed), it seems to be working ok. I was advised to use ACTronics in the first place, and if they had allowed me to register an account with them (B2B only), then I would have.

I had the same problem with ACTronics last year.   That was the company recommended by Clavurion.  

They only deal though the trade.

I tried contacting one of their listed partner garages to see if i could semd away thorough them but they were not interested.  Garages will want the work to go with it I guess.

The other company I found was BBA reman but I came across poor reviews also.

I was lucky in the end and found a new old stock module on ebay that has been fine ever since. 

I didn't have any issues with ECU Testing, have recommended quite a few folk to them and they've had zero issues either...

Sometimes it's sods law & bad luck; not helpful I know, but it's that simple...

Every business has good and bad times

They still get good reviews and they're more respected than the likes of BBA etc