Forum 5

New Top Gear series

Steve VH

Watched Top Gear on Sunday, fell a little flat IMHO, inspite of the exotic location shoot. The high performance electric prestige car, 0 to 60mph in 2 secs, 200mph, why, it doesn't really belong on the road, other drivers will not be aware of that kind of performance, when making allowances for it on the open road.

The missing thing was Freddie. Paddy is a game show presenter, rather than a show host (IMO). And there's a lack of chemistry between CH and him.

It's a technical master piece, not your day to day car - like all super & Hypercars. The technology developed for them trickles down into normal cars over the next decade or so as the tech becomes cheaper and more accessible. 

• Like 1

I like the where TG has got to yes some shows are hit and miss, it was ever thus but i think the guys have a good chemistry.

Whilst i look forward too and enjoy the GT i do find the wait doesn't justify the result, i think its too contrived and produced now.

I still enjoy all their work (Clarksons farm, Hammonds Workshop, James' travel shows) and the drive tribe stuff is quite good but TG edges it over GT.

BUT i'm glad we have both. I remember motoring content on TV used to be slim pickings and now we have lots of good stuff like Bangers and Cash, Salvage Hunters - Classic Cars, WD and more to enjoy.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...