Forum 5

Scale models - Any interest in having a section here?

Calypso-E34

You are correct about the 6 cylinder and eight cylinder n/a cars - I don’t know about the late last B10 BiTurbo’s though- they were pre- facelift cars built in the facelift era. 

The whole thing with this model is a bit off - it’s badged as a B10 4.0 (of which they made 4) but they use B10 4.6 stats (of which they made 19) in the promotional blurb. 

I’m just glad they made it - and glad I didn’t buy the M5 Touring.

Edited by Sharkfan

2 minutes ago, Sharkfan said:

You are correct about the 6 cylinder and eight cylinder n/a cars - I don’t know about the late last B10 BiTurbo’s though- they were pre- facelift cars built in the facelift era. 

The whole thing with this model is a bit off - it’s badged as a B10 4.0 (of which they made 4) but they use B10 4.6 stats (of which they made 19) in the promotional blurb. 

I’m just glad they made it - and glad I didn’t buy it.

I almost feel strongly enough about it to attempt a paint job on the sills - I’ll need to see if I can dig up the paint code. 

• 5 months later...

I definitly didn't accidentally buy an Alfa Romeo 33 model after my little adventure...

It fits my criteria as its the right colour, same wheels and though badged a 1.7 cloverleaf it looks identical.

Its a "Laudo Racing Models" 1/18 which is not  a brand i'm familiar with but its a really nice model, up there with Otto i'd say.

Truely a rust free Alfa....

IMG_9830.thumb.jpg.4a625d4bb0a0c8eb71dd3d8a925952b3.jpg