Forum 5

Scale models - Any interest in having a section here?

Calypso-E34

One of my hobbies is collecting / displaying some 1/18 and 1/43 models, mostly BMW, Saab and Ford, but a few others too.  Would there be any interest in this amongst the membership?  Car brochures are another part of the disease I have, but nobody really displays those!

2 hours ago, Sharkfan said:

Aaaaargh - don't start a thread  - despite an 18 scale Alpina B12 5.7 E38 and an M635CSi in white and an almost complete collection of every car we've owned in 43 scale I will inevitably have huge envy!!!!!

To be fair we envy your garage so only fair 😎

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, Top2donkey said:

Didn't even know you could get them !, is there an F10 BMW model available in either scale that you know of ?

There are a few I think.  I have an F10 M5 in 1:18 which is made by Paragon, and a couple of smaller 1:24 ones made by Welly.  I think there was an F10 in 1:43 made by Schuco, but they are rare.  There are others out there which claim to be 1:43, but they aren't and the quality is rubbish.  Poor pics below! The second picture has the two 1:24 Welly ones I have in silver and a dark metallic blue.  They are pretty decent, just not my favourite scale.

BMW1.jpg

BMW2.jpg

9 hours ago, duncan-uk said:

My rule with 1/18 is I have to have owned it and be the right colour (yeah the 288 GTO....whoops)

I had an Otto M5 and Alpina and sold them (far too cheap but you live and learn).

I had a rule once........

BMW3.jpg

BMW4.jpg

BMW5.jpg

BMW6.jpg

BMW7.jpg

BMW8.jpg

Edited by Calypso-E34
  • Like 3

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Just pre-ordered the OTTOMobile 1:18 scale E34 Alpina B10 4.0 Touring to go with my 1:18 scale white M635CSi and blue E38 Alpina B12;

spacer.png

https://club-ottomobile.com/en/april/668-alpina-e34-b10-4-0-touring.html?utm_source=sendinblue&utm_campaign=Club+OttO+MarsAvril+23+EN&utm_medium=email

Wrong colours on the Touring but it's the closest I'll get to a mini set of these...

030520181924.thumb.jpg.30e38fabec239491ddcf3242918f0faa.jpg

Edited by Sharkfan
  • Like 1

21 hours ago, Sharkfan said:

Just pre-ordered the OTTOMobile 1:18 scale E34 Alpina B10 4.0 Touring to go with my 1:18 scale white M635CSi and blue E38 Alpina B12;

spacer.png

I pre-ordered this one too, but I nearly didn't.  I don't like the sill treatment. It looks like it has the sill covers of the later model, but painted black.  I'm open to correction, but I thought the 6 cylinder B10s had no sill covers, while the later V8 models had them in body colour.  That being the case, this one should have body colour.