Forum 5

Retrim steering wheel

sam255

My steering wheel was looking abit tired and i had it retrimmed by

http://royalsteeringwheels.com

they are based in Aylesbury,

I didnt send in my steering wheel i paid a deposit via paypal and he retrimmed a geuine steering wheel, then i went to his unit and he fitted/switched steering wheels over in like 15 mins. it has been a couple of years since i had it done and its still in great condition

IMG_20200715_105117.jpg

IMG_20200715_113524.jpg

IMG_20200715_120115.jpg

IMG_20200715_154940.jpg

• Like 3

That looks great, mine's looking very shiny recently and the cruise up down lever has the rubberised coating coming off. What did you pay back then? Must factor in 2 years of exploding inflation!

4 hours ago, Neilos100 said:

Agreed..that looks excellent! Did they make the steering wheel a bit 'chunkier' ?. Looks way better...I'm not that far away in Taplow....if its reasonable I may do that too.

yes it did go slightly chunky, but the leather he used is still as it was, it hasnt gone shiney he said to use fairy and water when it needs a clean

5 hours ago, toughguyhuh said:

That looks great, mine's looking very shiny recently and the cruise up down lever has the rubberised coating coming off. What did you pay back then? Must factor in 2 years of exploding inflation!

i cant remember i know i gave a paypal deposit of 50, the rest may have been cash, but he does a whole different combination, alcantara, nappa leather, perforated (which is what i went for) you can specify anything stiching colour. i do remember him being cheaper then most, hence why i made the trip from the south coast to get it done. but it has lasted

7 hours ago, Matthew said:

Looks like a nice job but too chunky and the reason is that they trim over the existing leather rather than strip the original leather and re-trim.

i'm not sure to be honest, i was just happy to have something that felt good in the hands. i suppose as its custom you could maybe ask him to make it thinner.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...