Forum 5

Real time MPG for 535i

Having dropped my 530d - still deciding what to do next but have always wanted a 535i. 

Anyone able to share views on real time MPG overall please. I averaged around 33mpg in the 530d but only do circa 6k p.a.

The wife's Countryman Cooper S 2.0 auto struggles around 23 mpg and having that as the main car recently has led me to reconsider petrol given how thirsty that is!

Search is proving difficult as you appreciate given rarity - first time without a BMW on the drive since 1999. 

I've been tracking this for a while but put off by lack of Sports Auto Transmission: Sytner Vehicle Details I know the car owes them more than they are selling it for now.

Edited by McBeemer

@Andrewwill be a long shortly, but for your 530d seems a little low I get around 37mpg and mainly town work and little motorway every few weeks similar yearly mileage.

Here is a post from Andrew on MPG: 

I would expect you should get around 28-30mpg if driven with a light right foot. Thats a very nice spec car and a good price from my perspective from the dealer!

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Percha said:

Thats a very nice spec car and a good price from my perspective from the dealer!

Made an enquiry today properly - the car has two amber overdue services in the history and is due brakes all round in 3k miles and an oil change by March. Sytner didnt want to put it through Approved Used as a result hence it is being sold via their Select brand. Nice car - poorly maintained with some big expenditure to get it up to standard on purchase which Select arent prepared to rectify.

1 hour ago, McBeemer said:

Made an enquiry today properly - the car has two amber overdue services in the history and is due brakes all round in 3k miles and an oil change by March. Sytner didnt want to put it through Approved Used as a result hence it is being sold via their Select brand. Nice car - poorly maintained with some big expenditure to get it up to standard on purchase which Select arent prepared to rectify.

Thats very poor, they are asking good money and for that I would expect all outstanding items like you mention to be sorted out! Brakes are £650 if you DIY and BMW will want over a 1k to do it, oil services are very cheap around £65 for oil and filter if you are DIY'ing it.

If its the right car I would say dont worry about it and get it, try and haggle some money off for this issue with overdue services, but in the grand scheme of things its not much expense on a 20k layout for the car.

Probably no help to you as mines an F10 520D 2015 model, but over the last 10,000 miles, its reporting on the dash that its averaging 36mpg, but on my last fill up it took 62 litres of fuel and i got 545 miles, and that with my calculations is about 40mpg, so not sure how the on board computer can be so far out

My F07N is a 535i on 20" rims and I get between 20-25 mpg in london. On longer runs on motorways, I can get about 450 miles out of a tank....Using eco mode can stretch an extra 10 miles out of 250, but never went above 50mph (boring run!) I only put E5 petrol in. I've done 10k miles in 32 months of ownership, main dealer serviced to date. If you're going for 6cyl petrol, surely the focus is on the pleasure, not economy? Who would buy a BMW and expect it to be economical? Surely it's a luxury?

• Like 2

A bit late to the party but this tank I’m currently at 28mpg. With a mixture of roads. 

On a good long motorway run at the speed limits  I can get over 40mpg.

But I’ve never bought a car yet because I’m worried about fuel consumption. 

• Like 1

I get between 36 and 38 on the motorway depending on the flow of traffic. Occasionally topped 40mpg.

Around local roads, approx 26mpg but I do live in a hilly area. I was on holiday in Norfolk once and the increase in mpg on similar roads was significant!

For this type of car, I think the mpg is incredibly good. 

• 3 weeks later...