Forum 5

E39 540i Touring

Facelift Sport steering wheel makes me wonder if it has been in a prang - could be wrong but it's the first thing that pops into my head. Then again it's a bit of a mish mash of parts with Alpina bits, sport rear difuser and Style 66 alloys so could just be a modification from a previous owner.

• 2 weeks later...

Fairly sure like 99% this car used to belong back in 2017-18 to sayanthen (doctor) he was on the old forum, i remember selling him the black parts as it used to be grey inside, and he added the alpina stuff, 

if this is that car then I know he did lots maintenance and really looks after his stuff, he also built the m5 with the supercharger and carbon roof etc 

well worth viewing!

17 minutes ago, E39M5 said:

Fairly sure like 99% this car used to belong back in 2017-18 to sayanthen (doctor) he was on the old forum, i remember selling him the black parts as it used to be grey inside, and he added the alpina stuff, 

if this is that car then I know he did lots maintenance and really looks after his stuff, he also built the m5 with the supercharger and carbon roof etc 

well worth viewing!

Could well be pal; he was the one I bought the E38 Style 37s off when I had my touring...

Think his E39 M5 is up for sale again somewhere unless someone else has built a supercharged one etc

Also had servicing done at BMR in Turners Hill, so likely been looked after well.  They recently did an E39 540i Touring to M5 conversion. Not convinced about the Alpina Frankenstein's Monster setup and M5 dials but looks like a solid motor.

Hi,

This Touring isn't Sy's old one - that was a facelift (2002 I think) Individual and it's hard to remember without the old forum being around now, but I'm 90% sure it wasn't Orient Blue either. 

For me, this car seems priced to get his phone to ring with interest from good potential buyers. It might turn out to be a real gem of a car that is relatively underpriced, but then perhaps there'd have been many more photo's showing it's condition all over etc. 

Sy's supercharged M5 has been off the classifieds for some time now so perhaps it has indeed sold nd gone to another buyer who has, according to above put it back up for sale again somewhere?! 

The M5 Touring conversion BMR did recently I know is in a collection now and as far as I'm aware the owner intends ot hold onto it longer term !

Lastly, there's nothing wrong with the Touring, or Saloon E39 with a whole lot of different parts and modifications on it ! There's lots on mine, and lots more to come as I need to fit the ones sitting here ! 😉

Cheers, Dennis!