Forum 5

BMW Part Numbers - RealOEM.

Andrew

To help with the running of your BMW, this site

https://www.realoem.com/bmw/enUS/select

is a great source of information.

All you need is to simply enter your the last 7 digits of your chassis number, (which if you are a geek like me, you will still remember all the last 7 digits of each BMW chassis numbers that you own) in to the Serial Number box.

For example BV18784 was my E39 chassis number

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 25/08/2022 at 13:09, Andrew said:

To help with the running of your BMW, this site

https://www.realoem.com/bmw/enUS/select

is a great source of information.

All you need is to simply enter your the last 7 digits of your chassis number, (which if you are a geek like me, you will still remember all the last 7 digits of each BMW chassis numbers that you own) in to the Serial Number box.

For example BV18784 was my E39 chassis number

REALOEM is my go to site for parts for personal use and helping others when part info is needed. Sadly BMW stopped allowing access to their parts catalogue for we mere mortals so REALOEM hasn’t been updated since 2019. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Matthew said:

REALOEM hasn’t been updated since 2019. 

Good point Matthew, although if you are lucky enough to have a 2019 or newer BMW, it's unlikely that you would be needing to worry yourself about parts. You just simply call up the dealer and moan.

A 9 year old BMW, well, that's a different story.😆

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Andrew said:

Good point Matthew, although if you are lucky enough to have a 2019 or newer BMW, it's unlikely that you would be needing to worry yourself about parts. You just simply call up the dealer and moan.

A 9 year old BMW, well, that's a different story.😆

The only concern is that BMW do update their parts from time to time superseding old parts with new and if one has a pre 2019 car but the part was updated in 2020 you’d never know. 

• Thanks 1

Yup; RealOEM for me also

The 'BMWfans' website is nigh on the same; bar it gives you the Euro prices; but they're regularly wrong as my pal found out recently when he was looking to stockpile a load of OEM bits for his E39 M5 rebuild...

He's stuck with Lemforder & TRW via Autodoc as the costs were adding up!

Each to their own; but RealOEM is very easy to use and unless you've got a brand new BMW (in which you'll have warranty no doubt0; you'll do just fine 😉 

1 hour ago, Matthew said:

The only concern is that BMW do update their parts from time to time superseding old parts with new and if one has a pre 2019 car but the part was updated in 2020 you’d never know. 

You see that's why we let you re-join, to keep me right. D'oh.

• 2 months later...
On 16/11/2022 at 09:24, Sir Anthony Regents Park said:

RealOEM is infested with pop ups now making it a pain in the arse to use.

For Mobile, I agree, but there are ways around that issue. If you install another Chromium based browser (e. g. Kiwi) you can install extensions to it like on the Desktop. Then install "U-block Orogin" and away you go, no more pop-ups and ads on mobile. 

I cannot fathom why Google decided its smart not to support extensions in Chrome on mobile (Motivated by money no doubt, they make money from ads after all). 

Sad that RealOEM is no longer being updated. I wouldn't own a BMW without access to such a library. 

Superseded parts can be found indirectly as searching for the EOL part will cross reference somewhere on a vendor website, but I admit not exactly scientific and will eat up extra time. 

Hum

• 2 months later...

I looked at the bmwfans site, but it only lists F07s, with N55s built up to March 2016. Mine was built in November 2016. I've used Realoem and quite happy with it, ad free luckily. It is good that there are options, so worst case you can use both to check, what you're looking for.