Forum 5

What did you do to your F10, F11 or F07 today?

Removed the clutch spring. It makes it very hard to feel the biting point and serves no useful purpose. Now drives like you think it should, like removing the clutch delay valve. There's a little bit of play in the pedal but not noticeable under foot, only if you get down there and wiggle it by hand. 

IMG20240928153838.thumb.jpg.bd05cce7fb749388f445e70c040587cb.jpg

IMG-7628.jpg

Got ready for tomorrow.

First day off in weeks so I am hoping to do a full service, oil, air, pollen and plugs. With a new set of coils too. 

So with the stuff removed to do the plugs, I’ll then tackle the cylinder head cover gasket and the valvetronic seal.

And while the oil is out I’ll replace the oil level sensor O ring. To do that I need to remove the rear underbelly so I have some new screws and clip nuts as I’ve never had that off. 

If the rain stays off I might just remove the vanos solenoids to clean them and replace their o rings. Which means removing the fan and upper cross brace, again. 

Load of service work this week, gearbox service and major service. 

Had wheels refurbed aswell 2 flat spots repaired which has cured a thoroughly irritating vibration. Also they look fantastic.

Drove it from North east to ulverston for a weekend getaway and remembered why i love driving the thing, after thinking i was starting to get sick of it 😂 

So

IMG-7632.jpg

After battling with very corroded rear underbelly fixings, they’ve never been removed,

IMG-7640.jpg

I managed to get the oil level sensor o ring replaced. 

IMG-7654.jpg

Plugs changed 

IMG-7649.jpg

with new ignition coils, new Delphi coil on left, original genuine BMW (Delphi) coil on right. 

IMG-7656.jpg

And as expected the vent hose broke on refitting the air duct so I fitted my new one. 

6 litres of LL04 a new oil filter, air filter and pollen filters were fitted too.

And 14 new underbelly screws! 

Oil and vehicle check service icons reset using dash trip reset method. 

Fault codes checked and test drove. Engine super smooth. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, duncan-uk said:

cant see it needing anything for 12 months!

I’ll put money on it needing in that timeframe 

Water pump

oil filter housing and oil cooler gaskets. 🫢

I changed my cabin filter today for a cheapie from Amazon
https://amzn.eu/d/4LO2mne
Doesn't have air-flow direction indicators but other than the colour, it appeared to be manufactured the same way as the one I was replacing so was easy-ish to choose a direction.

The one I replaced was recommended by the reviewer on YouTube.  I replaced this in November last year, it was still, I think, working fine but 12 months and 17k is about right I reckon.  It still looked as good as new to be honest. 
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cwaK4ilTos8
https://www.autodoc.co.uk/mahle-original/11602740

I also changed the engine air filter for a Febi type replacing the Mann one I took out.  The Febi was such a tight fit though, I'll be going back to Mann again next time.
https://amzn.eu/d/8HIwee2

Was planning on changing my oil too but the pit I was going to use had a lorry parked over it so next week for the oil

Cheers

Daren

I took my car on the longest journey in one day since I have owned it, Wateringbury Kent to Leeds Uni and back (Open day for my daughter to look at...). It was a pleasure to drive it that distance, and very respectable MPG I thought...image.thumb.jpeg.546e0f108ed48a56cc1f547a5a0bf4c7.jpeg

Edited by Percha