Forum 5

What did you do to your F10, F11 or F07 today?

What, do you lot not adjust the temp as you go?

I turn mine up till the cabin warms up then turn it back down to 20-22 deg C.

Remember, I'm up in latitudes where it can snow in July, you soft southerners couldn't cope with these outside temps.

• Like 1

Yes, if it's not in Auto it's basic manual HVAC. Useful if you don't like how CC handles things and gives you control where you need/want it. However, in Auto it'll adjust airflow, where it's directed and temperature to hit target so you can just leave it to manage everything. 

Climate control will do things like not start blowing properly until there's at least some heat to actually distribute. I really like the control on the centre vents so you can have a warm cabin with cooler air for your face. 

Interesting you like it "Blowy" @Steve84N mine is at 1 of 5 fan on Auto, when its hot I set it to 2 of 5 fan.

I agree in general I leave mine at 20deg C almost all year, but I think when at the extremes hot or cold I help it by adjusting the temp each way and then back to 20..

@Percha yes I find 4 or 5 is too noisy but 3 keeps it fresh inside the cabin, although 2 is OK as well.

You can even adjust the type of airflow you want from the central vents, they have a couple of nozzles within them that can make it more directed. Or leave it on the more diffused setting, or everything blowing which I use. 

6 hours ago, Percha said:

Yes I often use my heated seats, I would have liked a heated steering wheel but this option seems quite rare on the F10/F11's

I feel lucky to have found one with that option as I wasn't looking for it, it's nice though (not to rub it in!)

8 hours ago, Percha said:

Yes I often use my heated seats, I would have liked a heated steering wheel but this option seems quite rare on the F10/F11's

Thing I miss most from all my previous bmw. Can be retrofit but it’s eye watering. I suffer from really cold hands so the heated wheels were a game changer for me when they became available.

On 26/09/2024 at 13:39, Percha said:

To be honest it was not something that I was particularly looking for but it came with it. Haven't had a winter to test it out yet. Heated seats were a must though.