Forum 5

What did you do to your F10, F11 or F07 today?

I put it up on 4 axle stands, as the wheels go off for refurb (5yrs later from when I originally had them done).

1 is being paid for by Blackcircles as they marked them when they put on the last tyre for me, I thought I would get the other 3 done at the same time to match and they have a few marks here and there...

Luckily Blackcircles allowed me to use my own company, this company is well known in the UK and performed the last refurb: https://lepsons.com/

Has anyone used: gtechniq c5 wheel armour?

3 hours ago, Percha said:

Yep, used it on quite a few sets.  Its really easy to apply and does seem to help the cleaning process, to the point that just blasting them with the pressure washer gives a quick fix (as long as you don't look too closely lol!)

Edited by skyjawa

6 hours ago, Percha said:

I’ve used their Tri clean on the dash. Good quality product so I’d be tempted to look at their other products. 

I have used Carlack 68 sealant on my rims and poorboys wheel wax as protection.

Can’t see past Bilt Hamber auto wheel wash for cleaning wheels. 

5 hours ago, Steve84N said:

How much will it be, heard they were expensive? 

3 x 19" in Med Anthracite is ~£400, I will let you know trade price when I get hold of it for the other 1.

I dont think thats a bad price, for the quality of provided service. I am being picky getting the others done really just thought it would make sense. They have lasted very well for 5yrs of driving.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, skyjawa said:

Yep, used it on quite a few sets.  Its really easy to apply and does seem to help the cleaning process, to the point that just blasting them with the pressure washer gives a quick fix (as long as you don't look too closely lol!)

I assume you have used the 30ml version?

12 hours ago, Percha said:

I am being picky getting the others done 

No, you are quite right, as chances are if you only got one or two done, they'd come back a different colour!

Ask me how I know that......🤦‍♂️

On 10/09/2024 at 19:58, Percha said:

I assume you have used the 30ml version?

Yeah.

And in other news, got in the car today, “bong, tyre pressure low”. Sure enough my 2 week old Goodyear F1 nearside rear had a wonderful nail sticking out. FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFS! 🤬

took it to 2 local tyre places - sorry mate too close to the edge to repair.

IMG_0555.thumb.jpeg.a4a762857a74189c7cbc8bff6f27c5ea.jpeg

I refuse to replace a 230 quid tyre that’s 2 weeks old so went home and used the plug kit I bought from last time. Hopefully the pressure holds, in which case I’ll just suck it and see.

second tyre place said he knows loads of garages that use the kits and work well just not BS approved, he said since I have tpms valves might as well give it a go and see.

So between me and the wife, that’s 3 nails/screws in 3 months. Starting to get a little sus!

Edited by skyjawa
  • Sad 2

Has someone in your neighbourhood had their house re-roofed or a new garden fence installed? 

In my recent experience, roofers and fencers are really sloppy at handling nails and couldn’t give two forks where the old nails or new nails end up. 

Two houses in my street were reroofed recently and I picked up loads of old and new nails outside my house. 

The thermostat and water pump were replaced last Thursday. My average MPG has increased from 32 to 41 😁

Also, Mr12Volt has released a firmware update to hopefully sort the issues with pushing down on the CIC controller skipping or pausing music playing in the background when I don't have Apple Music or Spotify in the foreground.

That's a job for the weekend as it involves whipping out the glove box again.

Finally received my rear brake pad fitting kit from eBay

IMG-7103.jpg

New spring pad retaining clips and rubber bellows. 

Not all replacement pads come with new clips so had to source some separately. 

Although just found out today I’m now working the next three weekends on the trot so it will be weeks till I get a chance to fit them with the new rear brakes….

Wheels collected, Gtechniq panel wiped and then Gtechniq C5 applied followed the instructions to the letter, took around 1hr making sure full coverage, I still have 25% of the bottle left I would say and I did barrels first and front face last.

I am glad I had all 4 done, they are slightly darker than before but I am still very pleased with them, 12hours to cure and I will put them back on tomorrow!

Good video on it, I used to watch a lot of his videos: 

10 hours ago, Percha said:

Suspecting something ominous? 

No, it runs like a Swiss watch (incredibly smooth, but fast and is biblically expensive when it needs attention) so as @Steve84N says it’s just to get a health check.

Was going to do one this time last year but the vendor wanted £40 courier charge as the start of my postcode is the same for Jura and as his courier company charges like a wounded bull for all and any PA postcodes despite me staying 10 mins from Glasgow Airport I declined it last year till I found another one. 

Although after my recent very slight moment of high engine temps…….might buy a combustion gas in coolant detector for peace of mind. 

Not sure if they do it without asking but worth saying to check for fuel dilution in oil. When I had mine checked they didn’t do it unless asked, but said they would if the dilution flagged up that the oil wasn’t the declared viscosity.

Went and had a drive for a good few hours yesterday. Pressure still good 🙂

Edited by skyjawa