Forum 5

What did you do to your F10, F11 or F07 today?

2 hours ago, Snakle535i said:

Just had 4 new Michelin Cross Cimate 2's fitted at home, last tyre had developed cracks on then tread / sidewall

Great tyres those, I was on course to get 30000 miles out of a set of Crossclimate+ until one picked up a nail in the wrong place. I've now got Crossclimate 2s on my winter wheels and very happy with them.

Were they Crossclimates that started cracking?

Since we last met

• Had a front and rear dash cam fitted
  • MOT + Brake fluid change
  • Major service + KDS done at my local dealer, needs to go back as the wheel is now a bit left hand down 😒

Next week, going in for Gearbox service and diff oil change.

• Like 2

Today was Bluewater shopping centre for a coffee and back.  Then cleaned (with a bucket) and dried, tyres waxed.

Went in for a software update recall couple of weeks ago and they do a once over video.  Interesting to note, Pilot Sport 4s all round new 7th July last year at 55k.  BMW measured at 74k, 4mm remains on the rears and 6mm on the front after 19k.  I thought that mileage was pretty good.

IMG_0570.jpeg

• Like 2

1 hour ago, E39mad said:

Weekend trip to show daughter Portsmouth Uni 

My Newcastle trip was to visit my daughter who's at Uni there. F11 has been great for moving half the contents of our home to and from universities! 

• Like 1

Someone tried to nick my wheels the other day (Ferric grey style 351) after being left in the local car park for a few hours.

Had to get the wheel hub, bearing and all the bolts replaced as they had taken the locking wheel nut and loosened all the others on the passenger side front wheel. 

Other than that, ordered up the parts to replace the gasket and o-ring on the oil filter housing.

• Sad 2

16 hours ago, mullinsj08 said:

Had to get the wheel hub, bearing and all the bolts replaced as they had taken the locking wheel nut and loosened all the others on the passenger side front wheel. 

How did they damage the wheel hub/bearing?  Did you drive it with loose wheel bolts without realising?

6 hours ago, Andrew said:

How did they damage the wheel hub/bearing?  Did you drive it with loose wheel bolts without realising?

Pretty much. Not far but clearly that was enough.

I did stop and look at everything but it was dark and I was tired so missed the locking wheel bolt and to be honest I didn't think stealing wheels was a thing that still happens...how wrong was I! 😅

sorry to hear that @mullinsj08,  I too thought stealing wheels was a thing of the past...

A while ago I removed my (fragile looking) locking bolts, after my own clumsy hands stripped a bolt and key on the wife's car when changing from summer to winter wheels. There was plenty of colourful language that day.

• Like 1

Washed it and noticed a crack in the windscreen 😏

On to the insurance on Monday, not bad I think this is the first ever screen I have had to replace anything I should make sure of when ordering? I will check workmanship for sure and check auto wipers work well.

20221016_112635.jpg

9 hours ago, Percha said:

Washed it and noticed a crack in the windscreen 😏

On to the insurance on Monday, not bad I think this is the first ever screen I have had to replace anything I should make sure of when ordering? I will check workmanship for sure and check auto wipers work well.

20221016_112635.jpg

Had to have mine changed last week. 

They are not heated screens are they?

Great service via my insurers (Hastings Direct) and there windscreen company they use National Windscreens rang yesterday, booked in today and great job done, all tidy and looks how it should be inside and out. I just hope the auto wipe and high beam assist works ok then it will 5*job!

• Like 1

Apparently not according to NEWTIS for the exchange of a windscreen and the KAFAS unit I have for HBA.

Only if its Driver Assistance system does it need checking/calibrating.

Excerpt below:

Only with camera-based driver support systems:

Carry out the service function.

• Driver assistance
    • Camera-based driver assistance systems
      • Calibration of camera-based driver support system
  • Like 1