Forum 5

What did you do to your F10, F11 or F07 today?

Just completed an Autodoc order.

oil, brake fluid, brake bleed screws, oil filters, air filters, hub nuts, crankcase breather hose.

Just need spark plugs, coils and pollen filters for its major service, thankfully not due that till October. 

• Like 1

Wiper blades

I ordered these and they fit and work OK but they just aren't as good as the OEM ones I put in the bin.  The old ones were silent and seemed to be much more substantial, the new blades are a bit squeaky at times. https://amzn.eu/d/9LNR8Uq

But it looks like the OEM part is no longer available so just the blade is left.  I hope I'm wrong.
RealOEM.com - Online BMW Parts Catalog

I'll pop into BMW later today 

5 hours ago, Andrew said:

The BMW dealer will want at least twice the price than Amazon do.

But the OEM Bosch blades are slightly different from the aftermarket Bosch ones.

So yes Andrew.  More than three times the price in fact at £61.25 and they didn't look any different to what I have from Amazon but I hear what you say about OEM.  I'll get the most out of the ones I have for now and maybe at the next replacement...

I have the set A524 and have no issues. Yes they were fractionally different from the genuine bmw Bosch ones I removed but they were less than £20 from eBay a few years back. 

Edited by Andrew
A524 not A523
  • Thanks 1

On 29/12/2023 at 13:15, Steve84N said:

@duncan-ukI seem to recall the spark plugs are on varying angles so you have to position the socket differently for each cylinder. Some of them are a bit tricky. 

No it wasn't that 1-3,5 & 6 were fine with my socket so something amiss.

IMG_1875.thumb.jpeg.40d9e1ad32574be8a73b98868a6078f4.jpeg
In better light today (between showers) i compared 1 & 4 to see if they look in anyway different, i used a long length of solder (courtesy of my grandads old tool box) to check depths around the plug i could get in around about half the plug and with a good light thought i could see something.

IMG_1881.thumb.jpeg.7af9330a62812e823130708dfbc8db03.jpeg

Dab of grease pulled out a shard of black plastic but thought there was more i couldn’t move - whacked hoover on it and heard something come out.

IMG_1880.thumb.jpeg.3d1f99261e5e6228a3069318658d8f52.jpeg

Socket now fitted as per the others - suspect at last change the plastc insert of the plug spanner broke?

Either way all fixed now.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Steve84N said:

@Andreware you just replacing the axle nuts or something behind? 

Just the nuts to avoid this happening…

IMG-1863.jpg

So it’s not an issue if I ever need in there to do something. The above is on an E92 that is only one year older than mine and from a much drier climate than mine. They were a few quid each so no-brainer.

2 hours ago, duncan-uk said:

Just the usual bi-monthly rebuild.

Remind me of the work done to all four of your cars this month alone?

All mine has needed since putting the winter wheels on (November) has been copious amounts of E5 and screen wash.  😝

Uploaded the XHP gearbox map at last, chose Stage 3, just completed the running in 50 miles so time to play.  Already know I need to change the comfort mode 7th to 8th shift point as it’s hanging on to 7th too long…..

It does quite a lot of tweaks to the gearbox software, lots of changes are possible, various stages of tune are available, and you can tweak individual settings like torque limits, shift points, smoother changes, more responsive up and downshifts etc.

https://rbttuning.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/RBTTUNING/pages/1212884/xHP+Flashtool+-+Introduction#:~:text=xHP is the only tool,automatic transmission in your hands.

Edited by skyjawa