Forum 5

What did you do to your F10, F11 or F07 today?

Went for a test drive to get the coolant up to pressure. Seems to be a success, no visible leaks. I'll check the level in the morning and monitor, also watching for any further white marks on the alternator. 

Ran the fuel down to near empty in preparation for replacing the low pressure fuel pump in the tank. I'm due a Pierburg item from Autodoc next week. Ordered some Osram xenon original bulbs too, just because the old ones are probably passed their best. 

11 hours ago, Steve84N said:

. Ordered some Osram xenon original bulbs too, just because the old ones are probably passed their best. 

relatively easy to do that…….

…..especially after removing the headlight 🤪

IMG_3979.jpg

• Haha 2

Finally forced myself to replace both front door handles after many years of thinking to do it, had enough of sticky handles 🤭 took me just over an hour to do☺️ last photo🤢

IMG_0817.jpeg

IMG_0819.jpeg

IMG_0820.jpeg

IMG_0822.jpeg

IMG_0821.jpeg

• Like 1

@Rimvyz there's no way I could have lived with it that bad for even a day! Looks like you've replaced them with the straight plastic copies without the coating so it won't happen again?

I replaced my driver's handle with a genuine BMW one (only to look new as it wasn't sticky despite being 100k miles & 2011). The replacement door cards I've just fitted have leather on the inside of the handles, due it being the Merino leather option. 

• Like 1

IMG-4481.jpg

Was out today in mine looking at railway bridges...

IMG-4463.jpg

....and picking stuff up from my local dealer. New rear caliper cradle bolts and strut brace stretch bolts.

21 minutes ago, Andrew said:

IMG-4463.jpg

....and picking stuff up from my local dealer. New rear caliper cradle bolts and strut brace stretch bolts.

Mine comes apart far too often to be replacing those every time! 😂

8 minutes ago, duncan-uk said:

Andrew might need to hand the "triggers broom" tag on to you Steve 😂

Didn’t you hear, we’d had a chat and that tag went to you awhile back after your steering rack install 

Finally removed the last vestiges of chrome by debadging and I'm currently in two minds as to whether I replace with the gloss black badge pictured...Obviously, one can now specify gloss black details from factory these days but I'm interested to gauge opinion from the purists.

image.thumb.jpeg.d8aa9fe6032f85daf6230c86500647ff.jpeg

Already done: Gloss black roof rails, indicator repeater surrounds, M5 gloss black double-ribbed grilles, gloss black door handle inserts, M3 grey rims (gloss black rims were a step too far for me).

Edited by jannism
  • Like 1

Personally I like OEM badges on cars, so I'd stick it on.

I don't mind chrome so mine still has chrome repeaters, handle strips, badges and the front grille surround (black spars). The roof rails and door surrounds are black from factory though. 

• Thanks 1

On 11/03/2024 at 16:03, Steve84N said:

@Rimvyz there's no way I could have lived with it that bad for even a day! Looks like you've replaced them with the straight plastic copies without the coating so it won't happen again?

I replaced my driver's handle with a genuine BMW one (only to look new as it wasn't sticky despite being 100k miles & 2011). The replacement door cards I've just fitted have leather on the inside of the handles, due it being the Merino leather option. 

Yes they are plastic copies of aliexpress, but they still got that soft touch coat on them, so they don’t feel cheap😊 I am surprised myself how long I lived with those horrible handles 😀 I just kept saying “I’ll do it next year” for last 4 years haha

Today done the ‘famous’ cracked parking brake button replacement, looks so much better now☺️

IMG_0848.jpeg

IMG_0851.jpeg

Edited by Rimvyz

Also, as I do work in motor trade business I came across this very unusual bmw key, has anyone else seen these before? It’s an oem key, has bmw stamping inside🧐

sorry if this is off-topic

IMG_0843.jpeg

Edited by Rimvyz

26 minutes ago, Rimvyz said:

Also, as I do work in motor trade business

So then tell us what the market is like for trading in and then buying used electric cars. Is it really on its arse? 

I apologise in advance for the lengthy waffle nature of this video but e v e n t u a l l y he does get to the point…. That buying an electric car is for the rich and stupid. 

@Rimvyz not seen those keys before.

I also swapped that button for the Chinese one, but there's one problem with it. The light is less visible because the plastic that should be clear has white paint over it. At night it's alright but in the day it's not as easy to see that the brake is on. I need to take it off again and scratch away the white.