Forum 5

What did you do to your F10, F11 or F07 today?

Boost hose seals are possibly your culprit.

Bit of a footer to get them sitting right but if you are patient enough its a cheap DIY.

Ok so not your engine but principle is the same 

• Thanks 1

On 14/01/2024 at 22:06, Andrew said:

Boost hose seals are possibly your culprit.

Bit of a footer to get them sitting right but if you are patient enough its a cheap DIY.

Ok so not your engine but principle is the same 

You're right Andrew, that looks like an easy DIY on the drive.  I've found the seals on eBay, should be in time for the cold weekend.

• Like 1

Go into the settings on your idrive and there's an option to lower the maximum height the boot opens to in increments. I'd try setting it one lower and see if it stops. Then set it back to maximum opening and see if it's recalibrated. 

• Confused 1

Checked mine over prior to it's MOT tomorrow.

All the lights work inc number plate lights, horn works as a Porsche driver (tw@t) found out, kiddie seats removed, screen wash topped up and headlight washers checked.

IMG-3996.jpg

You can see that they do help keep the much off the lens cover in front of the main beam.

• Like 1

Had a little trip out today for work purposes

Larkfield in Maidstone to Hirwaun, Aberdare, Wales just above Cardiff.  440 mile round trip, cruised at 70mph to get 54mpg overall.  406 miles out of half a tank.

The Severn Bridge is now called the Prince of Wales Bridge and is a freebie both ways

Poached eggs on toast at home at 3am then McDonalds for second breakfast and McDonalds for lunch because what the missus doesn't know, doesn't hurt.  Wink wink.

On 16/01/2024 at 10:15, Steve84N said:

Go into the settings on your idrive and there's an option to lower the maximum height the boot opens to in increments. I'd try setting it one lower and see if it stops. Then set it back to maximum opening and see if it's recalibrated. 

I don't have the fancy boot lid you have obviously Steve.  Think I need to replace the dampers and springs

Mine is powered, perhaps yours is not. The gas struts usually get weaker and make it harder to lift the tailgate, rather than slamming into the bump stops. That's why I thought it could be a calibration issue with the motor.

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, F10-65 said:

I don't have the fancy boot lid you have obviously Steve.  Think I need to replace the dampers and springs

Steve is talking about a touring boot lid not a saloon, there is no adjustment in the saloon powered bootlid as far as I am aware.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Andrew said:

All the lights work inc number plate lights, horn works as a Porsche driver (tw@t) found out, kiddie seats removed, screen wash topped up and headlight washers checked.

IMG-3996.jpg

You can see that they do help keep the much off the lens cover in front of the main beam.

Yes they are very good! mine did get stuck out this morning as it was a mild -7degC down in Kent. They have retracted now though...

• Like 1

Gearbox fluid change this week.

87k miles so later than ZF might recommend

Definite improvement in gearbox shifting, lock-up and ease of throttle modulation

Money well spent in the end

Although the Tyne Tunnel unpaid till charge notice is pissing me off....

My own stupid fault mind

• Like 1

1 hour ago, UCB said:

Gearbox fluid change this week.

87k miles so later than ZF might recommend

Definite improvement in gearbox shifting, lock-up and ease of throttle modulation

Did you DIY?

it’s on my list for this year. 

1 hour ago, UCB said:

My own stupid fault mind

Can you not blame the Mrs? 

1 hour ago, UCB said:

My own stupid fault mind

I got fed up with my wife forgetting to pay and me getting the ticket so set up an account. I Just chuck £10 on and they email when credit getting low. 

2 hours ago, Andrew said:

Did you DIY?

it’s on my list for this year. 

Can you not blame the Mrs? 

Well I could try but it will be my fault regardless🤣

Just now, UCB said:

Well I could try but it will be my fault regardless🤣

I didn't DIY, don't have the experience,.tools or safe space for a one ton car let alone 2 ton!

@UCB good to hear you feel improvement (as mine has felt ever so slightly more jerky recently currently at same mileage as you) as also on my list to get done soon. Quoted £600 by my local garage who I trust to do the job and to me seems reasonable as the kit is around £300 and couple of hours labour I guess, either way I am happy to let someone do this job.

I personally think 60k is a bit early as per ZF, and although I had the car since 45k I think 80-90k is more reasonable mileage to get it done.

Edited by Percha

3 hours ago, duncan-uk said:

I got fed up with my wife forgetting to pay and me getting the ticket so set up an account. I Just chuck £10 on and they email when credit getting low. 

You need to have strong words with your Mrs….. Tyne Tunnel, LEZ charges.🫣

• Haha 1

On 18/01/2024 at 17:02, Andrew said:

IMG-3996.jpg

Glad mine isn’t the only headlights looking like that with condensation in this colder weather! I believe looking like that is normal and you should only be concerned if it’s really bad with water droplets…..?