Forum 5

What car would you build?

duncan-uk

So out running earlier I was musing on cars I’ve thought of building or would like to have seen made over the years. 

Thought it might be fun to see yours. No judgement or criticism but you need to ‘show your workings’ so no viper v10 in a 1960 mini etc ie needs to be feasible…

Some of mine are:

fiat hp100 4x4 so basically mix a 100hp with a 4x4

jag  s3 xj6 v12 manual. Blame Harry’s garage but a sort of English m5. Black with cream interior. 

peugeot 405 mi16 4x4 estate. As per fiat. 

dream e28. Solid black. Cream sports leather and chrome.  A/c. Moonroof and cruise. 
e34 3.6/3.8 m5 bottom end with 12v m30 head. 6 speed box and a super charger. 

triumph Vitesse. 12/50 bonnet. Stag v8. I’ve read they share engine mounts as people put the straight 6 in the stag. 

mercedes e500 estate. Self explanatory. 

s1 Land Rover on defender chassis. Beach cruiser. 

e39 m5 touring. Been done but ticks many boxes for me. 

205 gti mi16. Period conversion. Makes a great car better still. 

occurs to me I like an estate / touring. 

A few from me - an E24 6 series with an Alpina 4.6 340bhp lump in it - the E24 chassis always feels underused and the car undergeared so the big lump with a six speed manual would sort it out.

An E39 M5 Touring of course - as well as an E34 convertible with the M5 or Alpina lump for serious summer smiles.

A decent old school Bentley estate would be on the list - the one or two coachbuilt versions that are about are quite frankly shocking to look at.

The V16 Rolls Royce...

...or Bentley...

...or Cadillac...

...or BMW...

...just please build one for sale before it is not allowed by legislation or laws.

New and faithful electric recreations of some of the greatest car designs; Citroens DS, Aston DB5, BMW 507, Jaguar E type, Fiat 126, Mini, even a Ford model T, and just for me an electric ISO Grifo.

Finally a decent modern M1 homage would be amazing - something around the 700-800bhp mark with the driveability of the original would be exquisite - having had the opportunity to drive a good friends original E26/1 fettled version over a few miles they are fabulous mile eating motorcars so a new homage with an extra inch of head room and working AC would be sublime.

• 2 weeks later...

V12 e39 manual touring would be something I’ve not seen before, I know it’s a boat anchor and not as fast as m5 but would be cool to hear an e39 with a v12 sound track and manual gears!

that would be my daily I think if there was a lottery win!