Forum 5

The problem with electric cars #2

Andrew

• 1 month later...

It should be a simple repair if engineered correctly. Cover off to expose connector and clean and dry off terminals, etc. I doubt the connector would need replacing, so time intensive, most likely. If its more complicated than that, then it's a poor design, as this is a high use part that is likely to wear out over time, so good engineering practice would dictate that this part should be readily serviced or capable of repair.  I doubt the designers considered abuse by creme eggs though......

If we are to have a robust electric vehicle charging infrastructure, then the designers need to think outside the box and consider TCO and not just Capex.... You wouldn't have the same problem with a liquid fuel delivery terminal.

On 04/10/2022 at 22:47, Kopfjaeger said:

You wouldn't have the same problem with a liquid fuel delivery terminal.

Maybe not the SAME problem, but I wouldn’t fancy a squashed crème egg ending up in my tank when someone squashed one up the nozzle! 😉

On 06/10/2022 at 10:08, BobA said:

Maybe not the SAME problem, but I wouldn’t fancy a squashed crème egg ending up in my tank when someone squashed one up the nozzle! 😉

Sugar in your tank will help it run sweet.........

• 3 weeks later...