Forum 5

On line services

Malky

Hi all,

nice to see the site now running.

My car now over 4 years old. Last year took the BMW on line and speech option. I think cost about £50. This year cannot purchase those alone.

new booster is £79 yet the e drive parts are not applicable to my car, Alexa too new for my car.

Thinking of not purchasing any of it. Has anybody not bothered? Do not see any offers anywhere.

on top of that they want another £79 for sat nav upgrade.

I am not tight but do severely dislike being ripped off. I know, I know I should not have bought a BMW 

I’m in the same position and I’m not going to pay anything for bundled things that I can’t (or don’t) use. TBH I don’t miss any of them in the least, . I’ll probably pay for a map update in a few years’ time as a 1-off but it’s a pretty low priority - if I desperately need to find a new-build house somewhere then one of the 3rd party map applications on my phone is always far more up to date anyway. It’s the car I like not the odds and sods and I’m not paying BMW’s tax for any of them.

Edited by BobA
  • Like 1

I agree, not renewed my subscription this year as I don’t think the updated packages are value for money. Might upgrade the map as a one off in the future but there are plenty of far cheaper GPS phone apps out there that are updated on an ongoing basis.

• Like 1

I was about to purchase mine, it ran out in June and I'm starting to miss the news and weather whilst driving, along with real time traffic!

I think last year they had deals on black friday for on line services, so not sure if it may be worth waiting?

• Thanks 1

Evening, i saw this thread and thought i'd share my experience for different model, an F07 for comparison. For 2020 and 21, I paid £99 for my connected services which included RTTI, map upgrades and some remote services...When I came to renew this year, they split the packages with RTTI bundled with remote services I dont have hardware for,  for £70, meaning I would have to pay the conventional £50 for maps.  I didn't agree with a 20% uplift, especially as the RTTI info will disappear for those of us with 3G connectivity in Jan 23.

I raised a complaint with BMW about this and never got a response, apart from a request to give them feedback about their service.....I didn't bother!

Just for fun I sent them this:

Hello,
The connected booster package at £79 is expensive considering half of the functions are not applicable or available for my car. 
Do you wish to reconsider your pricing?
Kind regards

not a word in reply

What I can't understand is the lack of function. My fathers Range Rover Velar of the same year can be started remotely, records his journey history viewable in the iPhone app, plus much much more. The BMW connected app does seem to be a bit behind with functionality!

• Like 1

I'm a couple of weeks into F10 ownership and have been investigating the connected drive options and the My BMW app. I thought I was missing something because there's hardly anything of interest on there (applicable to my F10 at least). Based on the above comments it seems I am not missing anything; it just isn't worth bothering with! 

On 30/09/2022 at 15:08, Malky said:

Just for fun I sent them this:

Hello,
The connected booster package at £79 is expensive considering half of the functions are not applicable or available for my car. 
Do you wish to reconsider your pricing?
Kind regards

not a word in reply

Reply now received “jog on”