Forum 5

DIY Fuel lines. How long?

Keliuss

I'm planning on replacing all the old rusty lines. I don't have a lift or even shelter to work under so don't plan on dropping the rear subframe. I plan on bending my own lines, perhaps in seperate sections to make life easy. I don't want the OEM pre-bent lines as you really need the subframe off for this.

So my question is how much piping do I need? I know it's 8mm feed, and 8mm return. Then I think it's another 8mm line the same lenght again for the breather or something?  How much 8mm do I need? Seems to be available in 25ft/7.62m coils. 

I also plan on doing the tank breathers. This is 6mm, but how much do I need?

Keliuss

Edited by Keliuss

• 1 month later...

Haha, only a little late 😂. Thanks all the same, the info will no doubt be useful for others. 

I bought 2 x10m lengths from screwfix (8mm microbore) and obviously had some left over. I recommend any cheap small bore pipe bender, mine was from lidl and its definitely needed for the 90degree bends. 

I used kunifer previously for brake lines and you are correct regarding vibration but it's perhaps overkill for fuel lines where I used copper. 

Keliuss