Forum 5

Tyres.....

20240929_100851.thumb.jpg.47b9fd39b64f135a3e9f7138b470f36c.jpg

Found this in my NSR tyre this morning 😡

It doesn't look accidental either, to my paranoid mind.🙄🤣🤣🤣🤣.

So I've unscrewed it from the tyre. The head end is missing the head and suspiciously smooth. I can't see how this got in the tyre accidentally.

20240929_101812.thumb.jpg.d4f36a5c78bea1c20d00f4b3fba5f9ab.jpg

Edited by Kopfjaeger
Edited and added another photo

All sorts of possibilities to get there by accident. For example somewhere near kerb while parking. If someone would put it with purpose under your tyre, it would be punctured through. You can call yourself a very lucky man this time. 

Maybe, but I think it unlikely. My car is rarely parked near a kerbside. I've already replaced the rear tyres on my F07 once in the 4 years I've owned it and about 20k miles, from nails or screws. No problem with the front tyres. I don't frequent industrial areas, or building sites. I just find it really odd. Especially since I never had any of these problems in my Grandis, driving to the same places. So something else to look put for now🙄

No i think just unfortunate, to screw it in as you suggest needed to be done from inside the arch which seems tricky and if you wanted to mess with a tyre you'd put it through the side wall surely?

The heads missing as its worn away on the road.

Nothing sinister just bad (or good) luck.

Unless you have enemies of course.