Forum 5

Garage liability

Hi.. I recently brought an vauxhall astra J 2011.. having some issues with it, fan was permanently running all the time.. took to theb garage and after some time solving the problem they changed the Thermostat housing and some other parts.. know the car want start up, they said they had to push the car out the garage... My question is who is liable for the issue, as my car was running fine when dropped it off, apart from the fan stuck on.. This also means that they can not check if the Thermostat housing replacement as stopped the fan because the engine want start.. Code i4 pops up...       be grateful for some advice 

That's a punishment for not buying bmw. But on more serious note, did they explained why it's not running now? Obviously it was running when you left it, so would imagine to get it back running, or damn good reason why it's not running, like timing belt snapped, which they can't predict, and obviously can't be asked for being liable. 

• Haha 1

They didn't even tell me it stopped running. I turned up to the garage to crab something out my car and then the bloke spoke to me to say it want turn on and ask me to bring my spare key.. just said it could be the immobiliser.. I just want know who is liable and where I stand to challenge them 

Suggest it’s a question of what is actually wrong. If it’s a result of work they have done then suggest it’s down to them but if it’s a failure of something unconnected and pure coincidence then they can’t be responsible I would say. The issue will be proving it. 

• Like 1