Forum 5

How do you get to the OFHG? N57

RH27

Hi,

I tried to get to my OFHG today and realised one of the cables for the alternator is blocking access. 

There are 5 bolts in total. The one with the red circle is the only that's blocked, there's no room for a socket to sit on the bolt. It's not the cable you see in the central part of the image, but it's the thicker plastic housed red cable for the alternator to the left.  

I followed the cable down to see if there's any other way and then gave up.

Mines not leaking, it was a whilst I'm there doing loads of jobs I might as well get another preventative maintenance task completed.

The only way I think is to remove the hydraulic pump (power steering). The alternator has already been removed in the pic.

Any advice is appreciated. 

20240914_151947.thumb.jpg.220a7a877ea6e3dd43d32666e4eb183b.jpg

Edited by RH27

Thanks @Percha, however already knew all that.

I was asking if anyone knew how to get to one of the bolts blocked in the channel a small gap behind the alternator and air compressor. 

I figured it out earlier, I took off the 3 bolts holding down the air compressor and rock it forwards slightly to slide the alternator cable out to then access all the bolts for the oil filter housing.   

Annoyingly, the kit I bought didn't include the O ring for the cooler despite me specifically ordering one with it. The seller must have forgot to package it and I clearly didn't bother checking either until everything was off. 

I hope I don't regret not changing that small O ring. 

Edited by RH27