Forum 5

Brake service warning

Wagse

Hi everyone. 
my brake service light as come etc. But there’s still plenty of life in the front brakes, I’ve tried to reset this by going into the hidden menu but after going through the process of resetting it comes up with unable to reset. Is the any other way to reset it, or have I got to either replace pads or change the sensor. 

What year is your car ? This is likely to change what you may need to do.

I have a G31 and I did a few hundred past the warning. BMW technician told me that the inner pads which couldn't be seen were actually worn more than the outer, so I'm glad I didn't go too much over!

9 hours ago, Wagse said:

Hi everyone. 
my brake service light as come etc. But there’s still plenty of life in the front brakes, I’ve tried to reset this by going into the hidden menu but after going through the process of resetting it comes up with unable to reset. Is the any other way to reset it, or have I got to either replace pads or change the sensor. 

If you tell us what type of 520d it is we can help.

If its an E60 or newer it needs a new pad wear sensor

If it’s an F generation.... see below

• 2 weeks later...

So I thought I would do a update on brake warning light, so when I had a proper look there was plenty of life in pads both in and outer pads,  but the sensor for some reason and ripped and broke away from pads. 
I then decided to replace pads and disc's re paint Calliper's etc looks nice now just need to finish the bedding in process 

83C797C4-BCBE-4D53-93E9-4F5D4D253FB0.jpeg