Forum 5

My E36 328i Mtec convertible

E39mad

Not a technical topic but thought I would get this part of the site moving.

My E36 went through it's annual MOT yesterday and has done only 97 miles since the last one so on around 86500 miles now 🤔

Car was only taxed in August as have been too busy with the house build to use it although was serviced in June and had two quarter fills of fresh V Power. Now the build is coming to an end next year will be a different story with hopefully a 1000 miles or so added. Some of you may remember that I toyed with selling it about a year ago. Decided to keep it now unless a silly offer comes in for it but it's not being advertised. 

Still a great car to drive being especially being manual. 

E36 at Birtles Hall.jpg

Edited by E39mad
  • Like 1

27 minutes ago, Matthew said:

The car is lovely, will become a classic. Oh and the House build looks very stately 😂

Thanks - yep prices have been heading North for 5 years at least. The house is Birtles Hall in Over Alderley, Cheshire. It's a private house split into large 6 apartments. I know one of the owners so took the opportunity of a shot outside when I was there recently. 

• 5 weeks later...
On 16/09/2022 at 09:33, duncan-uk said:

I think the e46s are following too now. Well i hope so!

Me too! I picked up a 325Ci over the summer for next to nothing! I had it in mind for my wife until I realised that she doesn't like to drive manual shifters these days. Spent less than £200 on it so far, fixed the roof, bought a full leather interior and swapped out the cloth interior and fixed some minor bits. Now I'm thinking that with prices creeping up for E46s I might hang on to it longer term.

Last month I picked up an E30 320i, bodywork is a bit ropey, got a few rust holes that will need cutting out and welding and a full respray, but I paid £1k for it which I think is a great investment. The engine is running very nicely and it's got 5 original BBS alloys. The prices on these are getting out of hand so I think long term it's well worth holding on to it and doing it up again. It's a great little car!

IMG_6559.jpeg

IMG_7399.jpeg

£1k for a e30 sounds a bargain these days!

interestingly I’ve been looking at e46 manual 330i coupes (conversely my wife wants manual) as part of a fleet shake up. Two things I note is convertibles seem better specced generally but also a nice facelift manual coupe is strong money!

I'm really happy with the E46 being manual, it's great! It's got a lovely exhaust note and very spritely when you get above 4krpm. It's just that I justified getting it "for my wife" but then forgot she's not comfortable driving manuals anymore 😅 She's been a good sport about it though!

Couldn't justify a 330i at the moment, although that would be a very welcome addition to the fold. I've seen a few Tourings going but I'm at my realistic max for space now - 2 x E39, 1 x E30, 1 x E46, 1 x E63 and my daily F11. Oh and the company van, plus my wife's car.

I know I have a problem, but at least all of my E's have been bought as spares/repair for not much money and I'm enjoying the process of bringing them all back to life again.