Forum 5

NEXT Maps 2024

Anyone downloaded NEXT 2024 maps, for their NBT based BMWs?

BMW don't seem to be offering these on the website, although I've seen 3rd parties offering 2024-1. Last time I checked, the maps were about £50 for an annual subscription, with 2 releases a year, So works out at £25  per map per year. If you use say Eastern and Western Europe, it works out at £12.50 per map. I've not seen a 3rd issue in year either.

I hope that BMW aren't binning support for NEXT maps......

I tried the BMW site again today for the Map update. It was annoying to see the price increase to £79. But then it didn't really matter, when I saw thisScreenshot_20240720_075257_Opera.thumb.jpg.8d810756430e32880959ad35e80d43c6.jpg

So it looks like no more updates can be downloaded online. I'll contact my local dealer and see what the situation is there.

• 4 weeks later...

My local dealer have now advised me that I can order the maps update from them. But, it'll take a week or more to come from Germany. They're not sure if it'll be codes and a memory stick, or just the codes.

So I've placed an order and will see.

• 2 weeks later...

So, I picked up my navigation order from the local dealer. It comprised an FSC code plus USB stick with Next 2024 maps on it for Western Europe.

Curiously, the receipt indicated a charge of £81 and change, but I'd paid £136.21......

So now a manager will have to look into this and I should get a refund......🙄