Forum 5

Headliner falling!! 😡

Guys i need help as today I noticed my headliner is falling.  I hate it when this happens as i never had a car that it happened to it…anyways, what do you recommend?  Both left and right at the front.  

can i inject glue somehow??

IMG_9827.thumb.jpeg.7c85a2773e0824ed0e6ea2e5da2fc110.jpegIMG_9826.thumb.jpeg.e468e21ab3bceec8b975f929ffbbea5c.jpeg

6 minutes ago, Gonzo said:

Its foam backed, not a great deal you can do 😞

Damn it! Im starting to hate it.  So what’s the option?  As mine is the optional Anthracite headliner.  New must cost a fortune right? 😞 

I need an opinion @Gonzo @Humour @Ray112 and anyone.

If I inject fabric glue with a thin syringe less than 0.75mm diameter, I found shops supplying them, and i press it.  Will it hold?  Or does it stain?

any suggestions?  Or experience?

thx

D.

That syringe technique has hear before and most likely it's down to how carful you do it and how well are you prepared. I would imagine you need to make some sort of pad (styrofoam for example) in shape of that corner, so you can apply pressure to fabrics until glue has dried out. Some wood stick against floor to push it up could work. 

Another option -  might be worth to look for local(ish) places that retrim and repair car interiors, seats etc. You are definitely not the first person with this issue, and if they have a known to work solution, might be worth a go. Surely it won't be the price of new roof liner. 

14 minutes ago, Ray112 said:

That syringe technique has hear before and most likely it's down to how carful you do it and how well are you prepared. I would imagine you need to make some sort of pad (styrofoam for example) in shape of that corner, so you can apply pressure to fabrics until glue has dried out. Some wood stick against floor to push it up could work. 

Another option -  might be worth to look for local(ish) places that retrim and repair car interiors, seats etc. You are definitely not the first person with this issue, and if they have a known to work solution, might be worth a go. Surely it won't be the price of new roof liner. 

Yes of course I will take an opinion but I really would like to save or keep the original headliner.  The local ones will just stick some inferior material fast just to make money.  There are plenty of them but I don’t trust them so much.

45 minutes ago, Tallman85 said:

Yes of course I will take an opinion but I really would like to save or keep the original headliner.  The local ones will just stick some inferior material fast just to make money.  There are plenty of them but I don’t trust them so much.

Another option might be to spend few hours around Google, surely in some car forum someone has managed to get it back in place with good results using syringe. 

Ideally you want to test it in some hidden area, or on some other roof lining you don't care damaging, something from scrapyard might come handy. 

17 minutes ago, Ray112 said:

Another option might be to spend few hours around Google, surely in some car forum someone has managed to get it back in place with good results using syringe. 

Ideally you want to test it in some hidden area, or on some other roof lining you don't care damaging, something from scrapyard might come handy. 

Yes good point..i will see.

i am at a tipping point with this car.  It needs the front arms suspension,  i have an oil leak, headlights are getting rough even though I polish them and protects them with anti uv and now this damn headliner was the cheery on the cake!! It is deteriorating really fast now due to heat and sun!  Clearly it is suffering too much in Mediterranean climate.  Now i am worried the paint will start to flake soon and that would be it!