Forum 5

NC500 Barge

Guest skullandbiscuits

Guest skullandbiscuits

I am doing the NC500 at the end of September. I’ve been planning to take my 986 Boxster, but sadly after some recent work carried out it was discovered that more work is required and it’s advised not to take it on the trip 😞

Instead of taking my F22 230i, it would a lot more fun to take an E39/E60 barge.

Wanted specification

Petrol, moon mileage, reliable, MOT valid until end of Sept, 6 cylinder and cheap as chips.  A e39 528i would be perfect 🙂

I am based in Somerset

7 hours ago, Guest skullandbiscuits said:

I am doing the NC500 at the end of September. I’ve been planning to take my 986 Boxster, but sadly after some recent work carried out it was discovered that more work is required and it’s advised not to take it on the trip 😞

Instead of taking my F22 230i, it would a lot more fun to take an E39/E60 barge.

Wanted specification

Petrol, moon mileage, reliable, MOT valid until end of Sept, 6 cylinder and cheap as chips.  A e39 528i would be perfect 🙂

I am based in Somerset

And for a 528i; IMO you'll not get much better than this manual 528i in the E39 Buy & Sell Group UK group on Facebook:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/491376304390297

All sorted, managed to bag a leggy 170k 528i Touring this morning local to me in Somerset.

It's a brilliant spec;

Biarritz Blue on Tan, Factory CD, Sport Steering Wheel, Heated Seats, Sport Seats, Electric Memory Seats, Electric Sunroof, Xenon and Shadowline.

I think it's on E60 alloy wheels (hmm bore sizes), and crappy Depo headlights which replaced the factory Xenons (Odd....)

I might even get a Project thread going for it

Edited by skullandbiscuits

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.