Forum 5

Kelsey kills off the last BMW magazine

Posted (edited)

So that’s it then.

They previously acquired and killed off the original Total BMW magazine, BMW Car magazine and Performance BMW - told us they combined the lot into the new Total BMW Magazine - and now they’ve jettisoned that one too. 

Every title this lot take over, they seem to ultimately destroy. 

BUT - It’s OK!!  They have volunteered to keep taking my money, and without even asking, allocate another title to me!

No - I don’t think so. Whatever magazine I subscribe to in the future, it won’t be published by this lot. 

IMG_9049.thumb.jpeg.5b76717c25435a76c8e8bf5c5cc9ca3c.jpeg

Edited by Calypso-E34
  • Haha 1

Internet, social media,  and online activity is killing off most magazines of any subject matter, the daily newspapers probably won't be far behind in reduced sales, the Genie is well and truly out of the bottle, and there is no going back.

The only magazine i take now is Classic. Retro. Modern - its bi-monthly and a quality product but i dont read it cover to cover like i used too read a magazine, occasionaly i will pick something up for a trip and i'm subscribed to Byline Times.

Back in the day i took probably 4 magazines a month and read them cover to cover. Revs, fast car, practical classics, cars and car conversions, total BMW, BMW Car etc.

I think there is a place for print media but its a higher end product - mags like TBMW and PPC (which i liked) got a bit thin towards the end and expensive.

Well yeah.

Trouble is, when you rip the costs out of something good, it turns to shit. The last issues were an embarrassment. 

If you want a decent BMW mag, join the BMWCC and get one every month. I have nothing to do with the mag at all, but I'll tip my hat to the editorial team who turn out a very well produced mag every month. 

4 minutes ago, Sir Anthony Regents Park said:

If you want a decent BMW mag, join the BMWCC and get one every month. I have nothing to do with the mag at all, but I'll tip my hat to the editorial team who turn out a very well produced mag every month. 

I agree, and I do get that monthly. 

• 1 month later...

I can recommend Car Mechanics mag as a good alternative from Kelsey. I think if you were a subscriber of one of the bmw mags they did they offered you Car Mechanics mag. 

Every so often there is a good BMW article in it. They’ve covered most popular BMW models 1, 3, 5, 7, X3, X5 etc etc and some coupes and even a few good reads on a 3 Compact. 

Current project car is a 335i E92.