Forum 5

My first >4 cylinder engine

stalati_67

For many years I have wanted a car with a six or eight cylinder engine. I was originally looking for a 3 series but then I saw a 2011 523i touring with FSH. Resistance was futile. 🙂

It is my daily driver replacing the Fiesta 155ps. I usually do a 200 mile trip to site every couple of weeks.

There are some paintwork that needs to be sorted. The keys are not behaving, rear hatch button doesn’t do anything and some plastic trim needs to be tidied up.

Going to visit Big Mini Works in Wakey to run diagnostics to see if there are any gremlins waiting to appear.

IMG_0872.jpeg

IMG_0892.jpeg

• Like 1

Once you have experienced the joy of six, you won’t want anything less. 

8 is better but thanks to the lentil munching ecomentalists they are a thing of the past 

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

I thought the 523i was a 2.5 litre six cylinder. They were available for the first 18 months of the F10/11 being launched in the UK.

The initial four pot petrol F10/11's were the 520i and 528i which came in late 2011/early 2012

Edited by E39mad

Hello @E39mad I thought it was 2.5 too but the dealer kept referring to a 3.0 litre. I checked the V5 says 2996 CC.

I did see a later 528i touring but as you mentioned it is a four pot which didn’t interest me.

Yes the early F10/11 523i are a “detuned” 3.0i. Still more than adequate for making progress. 

Proven technology, will go on for ever if you can keep the oil in on the insides.