Forum 5

What can I take out of car so it's not stolen?

I'm about to head away for a couple of months, and my cars will be in a locked garage. One G31 and a Mitsubishi.

I wish to take off a part of each, so it's impossible to move without a flat bed truck.

A friend suggested a coil lead?  DO these even exist on a G31? 

What is the easiest solution for me to remove and put back again safely.  Additionally, should I store it with a full tank of fuel?

Whilst a serious question, I realise I might be opening myself to some silliness - so bring it on!😀

Look up tips on what to do when leaving a car for a couple of months. Ideally having the battery on a tender charger is ideal, if safe to do so (eg, someone is still around the property should there be an issue)

Why bother to remove anything? If anyone wants to take the cars they'll take the cars. Whether they're driven out or towed they'll still be taken by those that want them. Or they'll come back better equipped.....

I agree with @dj123, I wouldn't want to disconnect anything on the car unless during maintenance. And the battery tender, only if you have the right charger for the AGM battery and it is connected to the jump start terminals under the bonnet. Your other option is to find a local secured vehicle storage facility and let them take care of it - at a cost of course.

The age old thing to do with immobilising a car is to remove the fuse for the fuel pump - no fuel injection car is going anywhere under its own power without fuel pumping from the tank.