Forum 5

Alignment print outs.

So other threads have got me thinking again about alignment. 

Thinking it might be interesting to see people’s print outs and comments as to how the car feels. Appreciate the last point is subjective but might be educational?

• 3 weeks later...

Just for you @duncan-uk

Below is a copy of the wheel alignment done by the selling dealer John Clark Aberdeen (using KDS II) did on my car in Feb 2016 at 34,263 miles.

IMG-5111.jpg

It's never been touched since, but as we all know I've replaced a few parts of the front suspension and done another 31,000 miles in the 8.25 intervening years.

IMG-5108.jpg

So today it went to my local friendly tyre fitter, Collins Tyres in Johnstone who has fitted all my tyres on this F10 and got the above print out from their Hunter alignment machine. The Hunter system uses lasers from a beam that fire the lasers (can be seen to the right of my wing mirror) on to targets fitted to each wheel.

IMG-5100.jpg

The rears were cock on but the N/S/F toe needed a tweak which is of course the one that takes the brunt of all the potholes.

IMG-5104.jpg

Above is the initial reading from the front axle.

As they only had to adjust the front axle I was only charged for a 'front wheel alignment' £60 and not the full four wheel alignment as it didn't need it. Full four wheel alignment would have been £84 I think.

I did a bit of town and then motorway driving afterwards and perhaps it felt a touch lighter at the front, but it is noticeably a better steer with the new Michelins on the front axle and not the old winter rubbers.

• Thanks 1

• 2 months later...

This is interesting, as per the thread I posted last night in this forum.

I haven't had my car checked yet, as it appears to go straight if I let go of the wheel, as I would expect.

The rear adjustments on my old L322 had seized completely, and took an afternoon with an electric saw and lots of swearing to get them replaced so the tracking could be done properly 😂

Well it was a landrover 🤭 but in all seriousness i don't think ive ever been unable to free them off  but takes patience which of course the alignment guys dont gave the time for.

• Haha 1

Don't be scared by the rear inner lower arm bolts.

IMG_5831.jpg

It took us an hour to remove the lower arm on a 2015 F11 just up on axle stands. The rear inner bolt needed a 900mm breaker bar after wire brushing the bolts threads and soaking in Plusgas, but there is room to swing the breaker bar up in the wheel arch once the wheel was off.

The front inner bolt was again wire brushed and plusgassed but came off easily enough with my Dewalt Impact wrench. Torqueing them back up took a bit of effort but we got there.

• Like 3