Forum 5

Getting the Z3 ready for Summer

So - I started sorting out the Z3 for the summer season - if we get one!  It had a new clutch and a good service back in October, but there were a few wee jobs needing done still. It’s not quite getting up to temperature, so it’s having a new thermostat and fan coupling next week. I got a few other bits done myself last weekend and today. It could do with a nice valet too, and then ready to go. 

IMG_8448.jpeg

IMG_8447.jpeg

IMG_8446.jpeg

IMG_8445.jpeg

IMG_8444.jpeg

IMG_8527.jpeg

• Like 3

Looking good. These are still great value Mark.

I got offered my 328i vert back earlier this month. The new owner has lost storage for it...so he says but it rained pretty much every day after he bought it in late June last year!! 

Edited by E39mad
  • Haha 1

22 hours ago, E39mad said:

Looking good. These are still great value Mark.

I got offered my 328i vert back earlier this month. The new owner has lost storage for it...so he says but it rained pretty much every day after he bought it in late June last year!! 

I’ve had the roof off the e46 a couple of times this month but really not been the weather which is a shame. A crisp sunny day roof down drive is great. 

Posted (edited)

That’s a nice interior. I’ve seen black with dark green inserts which I fancy for mine. 
I was lucky with this one - two previous owners did a lot of work to bring it back to a good standard. 
i have a tonneau cover for it which was probably a waste of money given the time the top will be down, plus a rear window cover and a wind deflector. 

IMG_8543.jpeg

Edited by Calypso-E34

• 2 weeks later...

So - I now have self cancelling indicators. The tab on the slip ring had broken off. I got another one, but the wiring for the airbag was different, so had to open them up and swap bits over. Happily for once I managed to get it right and all is well. 
The steering wheel is dead straight now too  

IMG_8729.jpeg

• Like 2