Forum 5

BMW F10 520D - Rear Brakes Torque Settings

Hi,

I'll be changing my rear brake discs and pads and have been trying to look up the torque settings online without success. I only manage to locate settings for a 530d:

Disc retaining bolt - 16NM

Caliper mounting bolts - 110NM

Caliper sliding bolts - 35NM

I presume these will apply to my 520 as well, just double checking if you agree with my assumption?

Cheers

IMG-4950.jpg

Top pad is sized for the bigger rear brakes on mine

Lower pad is for a 520d,( @VPCAPTAINs ) its a smaller shape of friction surface and its physically shorter between the lugs that sit in the caliper cradle so need to make sure you get the right size.

Posted (edited)
12 hours ago, Andrew said:

IMG-4950.jpg

Top pad is sized for the bigger rear brakes on mine

Lower pad is for a 520d,( @VPCAPTAINs ) its a smaller shape of friction surface and its physically shorter between the lugs that sit in the caliper cradle so need to make sure you get the right size.

Thanks Andrew.

The difference between the two is evident there alright. The shape of my Pagids seems to be a better match to the bottom ones in your photo.

image.thumb.jpeg.9cd90d70cab3e019b6623626fb8c08fe.jpeg

I'm curious, though, have you tried those Febi's? Their brand's reputation seems to certainly be solid and I've used some of their parts myself and like their quality.

Edited by MacPedro
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, MacPedro said:

I'm curious, though, have you tried those Febi's? Their brand's reputation seems to certainly be solid and I've used some of their parts myself and like their quality.

My wife's Kuga is fitted with febi front brake pads and discs. 

IMG-1806.jpg

They have been on for nearly two years and are still perfect.  The bell of the disc still retains its grey paint and they are wearing very evenly. Unlike the non Ford rear discs and pads fitted by Ford.... So no qualms about fitting febi rear brakes to my car.

It was febi parts I fitted for my auxiliary drive belt.

My car currently has febi coolant, diff oil and brake fluid in it. It's got a set of febi filters in it and I can't remember if this sump is febi LL04 or not but I've used febi oil several times too along with Castrol and Shell.

Some of the febi parts are the OEM part. My febi front bearings are FAG (OEM) and the pulleys used for the F.E.A.D are all INA which are OEM.

They are good quality German products at reasonable prices.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Andrew said:

My wife's Kuga is fitted with febi front brake pads and discs. 

IMG-1806.jpg

They have been on for nearly two years and are still perfect.  The bell of the disc still retains its grey paint and they are wearing very evenly. Unlike the non Ford rear discs and pads fitted by Ford.... So no qualms about fitting febi rear brakes to my car.

It was febi parts I fitted for my auxiliary drive belt.

My car currently has febi coolant, diff oil and brake fluid in it. It's got a set of febi filters in it and I can't remember if this sump is febi LL04 or not but I've used febi oil several times too along with Castrol and Shell.

Some of the febi parts are the OEM part. My febi front bearings are FAG (OEM) and the pulleys used for the F.E.A.D are all INA which are OEM.

They are good quality German products at reasonable prices.

Thank you for sharing your experience with Febi - it is encouraging.

Could have grabbed a full brake replacement kit (pads+discs+acessories) from them for a reasonable discount to what i paid for my Pagid + Zimmerman. Will be giving them more credit the next time i'm in the market for more "sensitive" parts.

Have a set of Febi control arms on the way to go into the car as well soon.

Thanks again,

• Like 1