Forum 5

bmw g31 530d egr issues

Hi there, newbie, please excuse any errors!  I have a 2017 g31 530d x drive. Had been told that the egr recall work done in a previous  service , about 2 years ago. Went in for next service about 6 weeks ago, was told that in fact the work had NOT been done at previous service, and bmw has no idea as to when they will be able to do the work...... I just have to wait for a undefined period before the work is done, in the mean time, they will "monitor" the situation, at each service until the parts become available?? - after the first inspection I noticed a 10-15 % reduction in fuel consumption. Has anyone else experienced anything similar please, I think I am going crazy! I would be most grateful for anyone else who has had a similar experience please, it does at least seem to be a somewhat odd situation.  - the dealership was taken over between my 2 services, if that has any bearing, - car does very low annual milage as have e61 530d  for daily use. Nearly 190k and still going strong, original clutch! The sharing of any similar experiences would be appreciated, thanks in advance.