Forum 5

People offering diagnostics thread...

Sharkfan

Hiya Mods,

Is there any chance of a sticky thread where members who have some kind of diagnostics and are willing to help other members out can say what they have and where in the Country they are?

To start the ball rolling I am just outside Guildford and I have;

An old E24/E28 oil and service reset light tool - although you can do this with a paperclip if you watch youtube.

Autel MS509 for engine diagnostics and engine live data on E38 and E39 (it may do others - but that's the only cars I have to try it on)

INPA on a tiny old laptop - has been used on E38 and E39 for engine diagnostics and other systems like PDC, ABS etc

ICarsoft CR Max - good for all systems fault diagnosis and clearing on E38, E39 and oddly will also read engine, transmission, Airbag, immobilser and ASC (stability control) on my 1995 E34

PASoft on a different laptop - yet to be used so not sure of it yet.

I've only listed what I know the cars will connect to but I'm pretty sure they will connect to most BMW's. Just be aware, I have NO experience of coding whatsoever.