Forum 5

I’m not new either…

Matthew

Thanks to the admin team for seeing the benefit for other owners of these cars and putting so much effort into trying to recover the old and eventually setting up a brand new home for us. Hopefully the same attitude for sharing and learning will prevail again. 

• Like 2

1075A85C-9CE2-485D-8F0B-3021530B0790.jpeg

At Poligny in France on the way to the Alps skiing in March 2022. 

The car does love the Alps as a great intercontinental cruiser. 

Edited by Matthew
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, Andrew said:

You can get 40+mpg out of your N55.

I'd never achieve that with the sort of driving I do - plus, I'd want to exploit that nice petrol six!  With my b47 engined car, driving it hard brings no aural joy at all, as it sounds shite - so it's no chore to keep the revs down!

Hi All congrats on getting the site back up and running!!!  I was fairly regular on the old forum. Still got my f10. Glad to see this place back.

One little tiny bit of feedback, can the security questions and answers be ditched for a simple password reset link?  No way would i give a forum real security Q&A and it seems to be asking a question on every login.  Whats wrong with just setting a password and then if you forget, email a reset link? 

13 minutes ago, bmwmike said:

One little tiny bit of feedback, can the security questions and answers be ditched for a simple password reset link?  No way would i give a forum real security Q&A and it seems to be asking a question on every login.  Whats wrong with just setting a password and then if you forget, email a reset link? 

Welcome back Mike!

it should only ask you for 2FA the first time you log in on a new device.

Having 2FA helps keep the spammers out. 

• Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, bmwmike said:

Hi All congrats on getting the site back up and running!!!  I was fairly regular on the old forum. Still got my f10. Glad to see this place back.

Welcome back in Mike

Send this to Andrew as a PM and he'll be able to look into it, if anything can be done 👍🏼

5 hours ago, bmwmike said:

I sort of agree with this especially as the available questions turn up on all sorts of sites and some of them are important enough not to want the answers to be known. I don't know how well encrypted the answers are on here.

Nice to see this forum back where it belongs,tried using it on facebook but could not get the hang of it.

I was on the forum for a good few years and reconize quite a few members from before.

i can not remember my old forum user names but i think i used (technoman ot timwil) but as there was not many 530D F07 a few members might remember me.

just to say i have tried to load picture on profile link but it keeps on coming up upside down, am i doing somthing wrong.

as to logging back into this forum i nealy gave up the will to live! as a bit of old person i find Qcodes and Google store a bit of a dark art.

Tim

SAM_5310.thumb.JPG.ad2134436818a87a9bef04f17970255c.JPG

Edited by oldtechnoman
replaced photo