Forum 5

Any coding experts for an E39 LCM - Surrey

I have a failing LCM in my daily driver E39. The issue is random flashing main beams and I’ve already ruled out faults with two different stalks. I have an identical part number LCM on the way from eBay and the actual physical replacement is simple screws and bolts but although my Indy can code the new LCM to work he says I will get a tamper dot as a different software is needed to recode the existing mileage of the car to the LCM. 
Is there anybody in Surrey-ish area who could help?

All sorted thanks to Dbcrd and his PASoft on his ageing laptop.

I replaced the LCM early doors and the tamper dot immediately came up; Dbcrd and I had a play with PASoft (whilst carefully watching a YT demo) and coded first my VIN to the replacement LCM and then my current mileage to it. Ignition off and back on again - correct mileage shown and no tamper dot. We then had a good compare of E39's and a look at the wrecks in my garages.

Huge thanks mate.

It was a team effort actually. No thanks needed.

And while I was there I got to see an amazing car collection.   Outstanding.  Hard to pick a favourite. You should be charging admission!

Plus when we were comparing Xenons and ABS modules my bonnet stuck firmly shut (not an indication that I never open it).  Sharkfan fixed it - excellent.