Forum 5

Comfort Access problem

Hi all.

My F10 has comfort access which i barely use to be honest.

One or both of the drivers side handles is failing and making a clicking noise when i walk near it with the fob, and unlocks itself etc. Common issue i think.

I know there is an easy cheap fix by disconnecting the comfort access cable.

When looking at the price of a new handle, i was pleasantly surprised to see some much cheaper than the bmw oem parts.

I wondered if anyone had used them before and can vouch for if they are any good or not.

I've seen some for less than £40!

I bought 2 from here which have worked perfectly for nearly a year since fitting

https://www.aliexpress.us/item/3256804200186982.html?spm=a2g0o.order_list.order_list_main.20.1cab1802PVGH8N&gatewayAdapt=glo2usa4itemAdapt

I’ve got 2 more for the other side from here:

https://www.aliexpress.us/item/3256805615079193.html?spm=a2g0o.order_list.order_list_main.10.228f1802wmEQvH&gatewayAdapt=glo2usa4itemAdapt

I’ve not had chance to fit these yet so can’t comment on if they are ok too, however I’m sure they are probably all made in the same factory!

Edited by skyjawa

Changed my NS door handles late last year (changed both as they displayed the same issues as you listed)

Bought parts from ALiExpress and changed the outer cover to match the car (although the inside of the handle remains black and not colour-coded as per OEM)

Working a charm although I did manage to drop the T7 bit into the door somewhere...

Think I paid about £22 delivered for each handle

That's great thank you for the feedback.

I just need to work out if there is any difference between lhd and rhd, as the drivers on rhd will have the hole for the key won't it, which is what I'll need

Hope this isn't a daft question, but as long as i get a front left or right, will it work either side? 

Ie I'll just flip it to the side i need?

Or is there a difference?

Basically all the ones i can see are front left with the key hole, obv i need a front right being right hand drive.

No they are different as the 3 lines would be on the bottom if you just flicked it over. So you need side specific.

when I replaced my drivers door handle, they don’t tend to come in rhd as mentioned so I ordered the lhd right front, and simply switched my existing cover of the current handle that had the hole in it. (Assuming it’s still in good condition of course).  There’s a guide here, it’s pretty easy….

• Thanks 1

The NS handles are the same for RHD UK cars.

The OS handles (front Vs rear) are not the same as each other or the NS handles.

So there are 3 types of handle to go for

I ordered from Ali Express Right Front and Right Rear. They arrived and are exactly the same part!  As I said all I had to do was swap the cover for the drivers door so it had the hole.

both fitted and work perfectly.

Edited by skyjawa
  • Like 1

The handles arrived this morning and I've fitted the rear drivers side. Took 2 minutes and is working perfectly.

Very impressed with the quality of these. Compared to the original i can't tell any difference.

I'll tackle the drivers door when i have a little more time as I've got to swap the outer casing.

Thanks for the advice everyone

• Like 1