Forum 5

e34 520i touring

Seems too good to be true imo.plus, I'm wary of any advert in capitals....

My Wife and Daughter would kill me, if I bought it....unless I bought it for my 88 year old dad. He's never owned a quality car, so it might be nice to treat him before he stops driving, but no point speculating on a money pit.🤔

I had one of these for about 9 years before I bought the E39 in 2010.  1996 P Reg 525i SE touring auto, Oxford Green.  If I bought it - which I would also be killed for doing - I would always know the engine is not as good as the 2.5l I6.

Great cars though.

FYI.  These typically came with either a complex and possibly failure prone double electric sunroof or air conditioning, or possibly occasionally both.

This car has, by the look of it, only the sunroof. No aircon.

Remember also they had a hydraulic rear self levelling suspension which is expensive to fix if it fails. 

Nice car but needs to be bought by someone with their eyes open.

Purchase cost is only the start of the expense.

Edited by Dbcrd

My point was more it looks tidy enough, MOT history looks good and its a tempting price - yes it would be better if it was a 525i or 540i but tidy e34s are getting thin on the ground - this looks to have potential - nobody buys an e34 as a modern daily without knowing what there getting into.