Forum 5

Question for G31 touring owners...

Does your rear wiper lift up fully?

Mine used to do it on the F11 so you could clean the glass and wiper but mine appears only to lift a small amount and does not hold in place allowing to clean the rear window or change the blade. The supplying dealer is trying to fob me off that they are all like this but I think mine might have been damaged and they didn't pick it up on their AUC checks.

Edited by E39mad

No they’re all like that - both of mine have been anyway. Just a bit of a nuisance when you’re trying to clean the rear windscreen or as you say change the blade (not that I’ve needed to yet). Peculiar design.

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

They do actually lift up fully to remove and replace the rear wiper blade. However, it is a slightly messy process and if you don't get it right, you can easily snap part of the rear wiper arm off! (Ask me how I know!) If, instead of tryin to lift the arm, you lift the small cap to the right you will see a small clip inside there you can pull up and then the arm is able to lift up. If you don't lift this small clip first the arm will lift and breaka small part of the plastic off - it still functionally works but looks terrible. You can order a new one from eBay for not too much money, or a new one from BMW for a lot of money to fix this (£100) or just ignore it, it works fine anyway.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2