Forum 5

Do you use Autodoc?

Changy

I use Autodoc often, but I wonder how the new import checks and tariffs will impact them. Until now, the UK has been able to continue importing from the EU under the old rules, but in January 2024, checks will begin.

My suspicion comes from the constant offers of a 41% discount on parts; are they making hay while the sun shines? I hope it doesn't impact prices and delivery times!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Changy said:

My suspicion comes from the constant offers of a 41% discount on parts; are they making hay while the sun shines? I hope it doesn't impact prices and delivery times!

The 41% discount thing is a bit of a lie. Prices fluctuate so much a cart can be cheaper with a 35% discount than 40+%. They seem to have a global price coefficient on top of the discount they give

Still generally the best prices around

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, 4aceman said:

The 41% discount thing is a bit of a lie. Prices fluctuate so much a cart can be cheaper with a 35% discount than 40+%. They seem to have a global price coefficient on top of the discount they give

Still generally the best prices around

I agree with the level of discount; their prices do vary. I tend to buy certain things and I watch the price. A friend of mine has an import business and he is dreading January 2024 so much that he is considering calling it a day and retiring.

• Sad 1

I echo those statements. 

Prices can vary alot. I've had stuff in the Basket and the following day the discount is gone. Sometimes you can get back toy our original number within a week, other times it has taken 2 months.

As to the HMRC checks, time will tell. My wife imports goods but it's not from an EU state. It's a Pita as sometimes they rip into a shipment to find (squirrels or something), which can delay matters, but generally if the paperwork is in order they get through. 

I doubt they will have the resources to do that with every parcel, just too much stuff passing through on a daily basis, but ofcourse the paperwork must be in order so they get their generous cut and move on.... 

• Like 1

I haven't used them for years. One major thing is their pathetic dealing with any faulty or wrong parts. Sometimes also changing the ordered parts to their own brands like Stark. Brexit is of course a concern with your options. I've mainly used www.motointegrator.de because so far everything has been perfect with the orders and prices are even better than the frustrating changing discount offers from Autodoc.

• Like 3

10 hours ago, Clavurion said:

. Sometimes also changing the ordered parts to their own brands like Stark. 

I've had that, they changed pollen filters to Stark, straight on at them politely and firmly asking for a return shipping label and for them to send me the make of parts I'd ordered. It got resolved. 

They tried to tell me Stark were better than the one's I'd ordered. No, they weren't.

But they are still far cheaper for OEM parts than say ECP.

• Like 1

On 22/11/2023 at 22:44, Clavurion said:

I haven't used them for years. One major thing is their pathetic dealing with any faulty or wrong parts. Sometimes also changing the ordered parts to their own brands like Stark. Brexit is of course a concern with your options. I've mainly used www.motointegrator

I had the stark swap done on me.  What I found out is you can have "no parts substitution without prior permission" put on your account.  Should be the default sadly but it isn't.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Dbcrd said:

I had the stark swap done on me.  What I found out is you can have "no parts substitution without prior permission" put on your account.  Should be the default sadly but it isn't.

I did have the same issue, but after a legal letter to their CEO, they refunded me in full and never swapped another item. 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Dbcrd said:

What I found out is you can have "no parts substitution without prior permission" put on your account.  Should be the default sadly but it isn't.

I think after contacting them a couple of times to undo part substitutions before shipment they did this for me. Last few orders all came correct

Anyway - they're having a huge sale right now. Right when I don't need any car parts... 😄 

10 hours ago, Gonzo said:

All you need to do is contact support and ask that no substitutions is put on your account. As simple as that.

I had the same issue as well. The funny thing is they have overpriced their "white label" Stark brand to make it look like it's a premium product. Very very cheekily, they also change your order details so you cannot prove they have broken the contract, u less you have taken a screenshot of the original order. 

I ended up exchanging a few choice words via email and they paid for the parts return and refunded, but their conduct is not on, by law and within contract law they cannot do that. Certainly should not have to request that type of conduct to not occur by default. 

Certainly very naughty, clearly an attempt to pray on ignorance or not paying attention. 

• 3 weeks later...
6 hours ago, olliecampbell said:

As an existing Autodoc user...I've recently started to use LLL Parts. Seem very good so far. There's a delay between ordering and the postage of parts, but if you're not after parts next day they're very good.

I've always found BMW cheaper than LLL for most things, and they don't hold stock so you're waiting for them to order in, then they ship.

Can't see it being any issue in the future.

As for refunds etc. I have had a couple of instances where I have had faulty item and one was incorrect part sent.

The faulty one was through a review I had done for a breather pipe. It was an Abakus branded one and the plastic connectors on the end were not adequate and subsequently had split when trying to connect to the ventilation valve.

They read my review and got in contact with me asking for more info. I sent them a youtube video explaining why the Abakus branded pipe was not up to par with the OEM one. They offered to give me a full refund back and I didn't have to send their part back.

The other incident, I ordered a pair of smoked side repeaters. Received clears. After a few emails back and forth, they offered a refund. I did ask them about sending the wrong ones back. I didn't get any info as to sending it back and they are still sitting in the bubble wrap!

I can't fault Autodoc at all. I have ordered plenty from them before and have had no issues with their service.

• 2 weeks later...