Forum 5

Does anyone run all season tyres on 19" rims?

Very limited choice, yes. 
I’ve always found Camskill good for tyres but even they come up short with this size. 
I use my original 18” wheels for winters, and the choice for 18” 275 rears was also very poor, both for winters and cross climates. 
So much so, that I bought another two front wheels and use a square setup for winter. 
As an aside, some will say that BMW only recommends square setups for winter use, and could account for the lack of choice -particularly OE.
The tyre pressure sticker on the b pillar also suggests that. 
I’ve not found that to always be the case, although it does make sense. 
The choices of tyres are much better with same size all round, and you can still fit front sized tyres to wider rear wheels, although they don’t look great, so you may want to try the same with your 19” wheels or buy another two front wheels, although not ideal if you want to use this all year round. 
I may look at cross climates next time (still only for winter use) as our winter weather temperatures nowadays are too up and down for proper winter tyres. 

Thanks for the response ally 

Yes I've come to the conclusion that a square set up of 18"s is best on 245/45/18 winters or all season. Shall wait until next year as driving to Southern Spain in January for a month and shouldn't need them there! Hopefully the rest of the winter in the North West won't be bad!

Edited by E39mad

1 hour ago, Stressed said:

I’m running 245/40/19 winters all round on my G31. They have been great for the past few winters

Thanks - do you just change tyres on your existing rims?

If so presume the 245's fit on the wider rear wheels?

1 hour ago, E39mad said:

Thanks - do you just change tyres on your existing rims?

If so presume the 245's fit on the wider rear wheels?

No I’ve got a spare set of wheels 8x19 square set up. EBay when I got the car. £1100 as new with new Pirelli winters. Put them on last week because I knew we was visiting North Yorkshire this weekend

• Like 1