Forum 5

ipod classic connection in a facelift car

Is there any way of connecting your ipod classic through the USB C connection?

No auxiliary jack like in the old F11 and looking through other forums it appears that a USB C direct to ipod does not appear to work. 

Has anyone found a solution to this? 

How 'classic' is the iPod?

Up to Gen 4 were 12v charging and then 5v charging after that. 

You used to be able to get FM transmitters that plugged straight into the wide 'classic' iPod/iPhone port so that might be your only way unless you can find a wired Aux-in on a G3* car.

I have 12v Classic Generation 4 iPods in all my cars - most connected to a headunit Aux in (E34 & E24) and some connected through tape head connectors (E39 & E38). 

Just get yourself a USB-C USB stick and export your iTunes library to it with the playlists. It is accessed much quicker by the system and you can get tiny discrete ones. I stopped using the iPod in the cars years ago and have one each of these plugged in to both cars and very happy with the results.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Matthew said:

Just get yourself a USB-C USB stick and export your iTunes library to it with the playlists. It is accessed much quicker by the system and you can get tiny discrete ones. I stopped using the iPod in the cars years ago and have one each of these plugged in to both cars and very happy with the results.

Thanks - don't think we have the PC with iTunes on it anymore - might have to find a way of downloading them from ipod to PC then export to a stick.