Forum 5

USB phone chargers in facelift cars

My mobile is not wireless charging compatible so need to ensure I have the correct charging lead for my Samsung phone. I notice there is connection point in the charging try ahead of the cup holders, one in the armrest storage box and two in the rear centre console.

Are these the std USB type C connectors?

In my LCI 2023 model there are three USB-C, the two at the rear of the centre console for the rear passengers and one in the armrest storage box. The point ahead of the cup holders is USB-A.

There is no 12V socket in the armrest storage (there was in my 2019 model). Nor is there one in the boot, in my 2019 I didn't have one there either but was lead to believe it was part of the enhanced bluetooth package which I didn't have. I do have the package now but still no 12V in the boot.

• Like 1

I read a BMW G30/1 LCI update document recently (can't find it now ) that on USB-C ports:  one delivers 3Amp and another delivers 1.5Amp, I think the one under armrest is higher power. May make a difference if charging phone is important

• 3 weeks later...
On 25/10/2023 at 16:56, E39mad said:

Yep there are 3 USB-C ports. One USB- A and our car with the Comfort Pack has a 12v boot socket as well as the std 12v in the rear centre console. 

I wonder if 12V in the boot is a G30 vs G31 difference. My G30 has the comfort pack but no additional socket in the back, I double-checked earlier today.

Where is the socket out of interest? Another variation may be the tow barbutton. Mine is located inside on the right, behind the light cluster, maybe slighly below. Perhaps the retractable towbar precludes 12v in the boot, in the saloon at least.

On 10/11/2023 at 15:29, nrh1703 said:

I wonder if 12V in the boot is a G30 vs G31 difference. My G30 has the comfort pack but no additional socket in the back, I double-checked earlier today.

Where is the socket out of interest? Another variation may be the tow barbutton. Mine is located inside on the right, behind the light cluster, maybe slighly below. Perhaps the retractable towbar precludes 12v in the boot, in the saloon at least.

If you have a 12v socket in the boot it will be here:

image.png.fe75ac91294e0b21463804cd01be1aea.png

• Like 1

• 7 months later...
On 12/11/2023 at 10:20, E39mad said:

The 12v socket in the boot of the facelift touring is a third of way into the car from the rear on the right hand side and is about half way up the vertical side panel. 

Just above the retractable tow bar button…