Forum 5

Soon to be G31 owner

A 520d M Sport to be exact.

I was going to wait until this time next month but a car came up with a spec and a price that I just couldn't resist so following a video being provided today and many chats a deal has been struck and a deposit placed.

The car is in Aberdeen with John Clark BMW so will be a train up and drive back (some 350 miles) hopefully next week.

The car is an early facelift model (mid 2020) in Bluewater metallic with Ivory leather. 19" alloys (didn't want 20"s) It has Mild Hybrid and comes with the following options:

Comfort Pack: Comfort seats with memory, heated steering wheel, Comfort Access, extended storage contents

Technology Pack Plus: Driving Assistance Professional (radar cruise control), Drive Recorder, Head Up Display,
Harman Kardon sound and Wireless charging, Wifi hotspot, gesture control

Parking Assistant Plus (360 cameras), Sun Protection Glass

The only thing it doesn't have which would have liked was a sunroof but it has everything else.

Photos hopefully next week.

So the trusty F11 up for sale as decided not to trade this in. If anyone is after a cheap economical estate give me a shout. Details in the for sale section.

Well it's here (home to me)!!

Long day yesterday with the train up to Aberdeen - should have been 3 stops but was 4 due to train cancellations. Luckily it didn't impact on connection from Glasgow to Aberdeen.

Well the car is amazing - drove the 370 miles home in just over 6 hours. It did 59mpg and I wasn't hanging around. Better economy is definitely possible on motorway journeys. The ride and handling are an improvement over the F11 - maybe my old car was getting tired but the G31 rides better on 19" RFT's with M Sport suspension than the F11 on 17" none RFT's and SE suspension.

The tech is amazing: love the HUD, 360 cameras and the Android Auto. Got some learning to do with the radar cruise control and drive recorder.

I'll give it a good clean over the next day or two before it's next long journey to Dumfries & Galloway this weekend.

Customary mug shot at collection time below!

G31 collection day.jpg

• Like 1

Congrats ! 

Glad to hear you're happy with your first drive,  always great when the first drive in a new car is enjoyable ! 

Also interested to hear your comment on ride quality, that 19s RFT and M Sport suspension feels better than 17s and SE on the F11... does your G31 have adaptive suspension ?