Forum 5

Where is the Lane Assist Controller (G31)?

BMW weren’t able to do my EGR software update due to an existing problem which is that there’s ‘no communication with the Lane Assist controller’ so I guess I need to try to find what’s wrong. As a starting point anyone know where it is? I had a bit of a hunt through ISTA but I’m too inexperienced to even find it on there. And any tips for diagnosing?

the annoying thing of course is that my car doesn’t have Lane Assist anyway. 😞

Edited by BobA

I think it’s part  of the camera assembly.  It may be listed as an error code when you check for errors with ISTA, which should then give you an option to calculate test. 
It should  then take you through any steps required to resolve it hopefully. 

Edited by ally
Update
  • Like 1

On 06/10/2023 at 10:31, BobA said:

BMW weren’t able to do my EGR software update due to an existing problem which is that there’s ‘no communication with the Lane Assist controller’ so I guess I need to try to find what’s wrong. As a starting point anyone know where it is? I had a bit of a hunt through ISTA but I’m too inexperienced to even find it on there. And any tips for diagnosing?

the annoying thing of course is that my car doesn’t have Lane Assist anyway. 😞

If you don't have lane assist, I'd be going back to the dealer. Why didn't they know this while trying to do the egr software update is the question to ask. Does ISTA show a fault code related to this phantom component?