Forum 5

Looking for a G21 3 series & may consider a G31

E39mad

After 13 trusty years in the family and over 91000 trouble free miles in the F11 we have decided the time is coming to replace the main car.

As per the title am seeking a G21 3 series touring in M Sport guise and ideally less than 30000 miles on the clock. No mad rush but if anyone is considering selling their car please feel free to PM me with the details. Will look at petrol or diesel but not the hybrid due to the boot being smaller.

Would also consider a G31 if anyone has one coming up for sale again with under 30k miles.

Am prepared to travel.

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...
On 27/09/2023 at 17:01, Sir Anthony Regents Park said:

Nice car - don't discount a 320i because they are so nice to drive, brisk, quiet and economical. 

Almost bought one from Cazoo this time last week. It was a bargain and had the Premium pack (pan roof, electric seats) Technical pack (HK sound and HUD) plus Comfort pack (heated wheel etc) and M Sport Pro Pack (adaptive dampers and 19" wheels). 

But we tried my neighbours G21 for size and it is just too small in the boot for us. My wife has long covid and a mobility scooter is a must plus we have a medium sized dog.

So a G31 it will be - an M Sport with Comfort Seats and a couple of added toys would be good. There is a 520i prefacelift with massaging Comfort Seats, Panoramic roof and heated wheel which has taken my eye but with the govt kicking the ICE can down the road I think it will be a diesel again as we do a lot of long distance trips and very few short ones (in that car). 

Decisions decisions!!

I’ve a 2020 520d MHT G31. Last full tank of fuel I had 105 miles rage left and had done 720 miles, can’t complain about that. I regularly get 62 MPG having cruise set a 75mph where ever I can. Great size boot, I had a G21 loan car for 2 weeks, could not get half my work stuff in

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Stressed said:

I’ve a 2020 520d MHT G31. Last full tank of fuel I had 105 miles rage left and had done 720 miles, can’t complain about that. I regularly get 62 MPG having cruise set a 75mph where ever I can. Great size boot, I had a G21 loan car for 2 weeks, could not get half my work stuff in

I can almost get 800 miles on a tank out of the current 520d - amazing when you consider their size and weight.

Is yours a facelift car and what size wheels are you running?

Comfort is a big factor for me so a prefacelift 520d MHT on 18" wheels makes the most sense. Facelift M Sport cars are on minimum of 19"s

On 30/09/2023 at 10:20, E39mad said:

I can almost get 800 miles on a tank out of the current 520d - amazing when you consider their size and weight.

Is yours a facelift car and what size wheels are you running?

Comfort is a big factor for me so a prefacelift 520d MHT on 18" wheels makes the most sense. Facelift M Sport cars are on minimum of 19"s

Mine is actually a pre facelift, but I do have to “live” dashboard and 19” wheels. I find the technology and comfort far superior to my previous F11 on 18”.

The only difference between mine and a friends facelift are lights and a larger display screen/satnav in the middle of the dashboard.

• Like 1