Forum 5

F11 535i Engine Failure

Steve84N

No, diff oil is the worst. I'm sure you'd get nose blind to it, but it really hit me walking in.

They said they will look to rebuild mine to sell on. I might look out for it on their website and message them asking what it took to fix it. I did say parts availability is a problem and he acknowledged it's tricky for this model. 

Only had a short 10 mile drive home last night after finishing getting my car back together again. Obviously, the gearbox noise has gone. Not sure if the vibration at speed has gone too, got a motorway journey tomorrow to test it.

Brakes need bedding in, I barely scrubbed off the protective coating coming home as the boot was full so I was driving gently. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 21/11/2023 at 13:12, Steve84N said:

No, diff oil is the worst. I'm sure you'd get nose blind to it, but it really hit me walking in.

They said they will look to rebuild mine to sell on. I might look out for it on their website and message them asking what it took to fix it. I did say parts availability is a problem and he acknowledged it's tricky for this model. 

Is it a ZF box? Seem to recall issue with e34 M5 sixspeed was parts availability for repairs.