Forum 5

F11 boot release

Sgc22

Hi,

new member, I’m collecting my 2015 msport tourer this week.

the boot release button on the fob only unlocks the glass part of the tailgate, can you code the car so entire tailgate opens and closes with the fob?

all advice greatly appreciated, thanks

It can be coded using Bimmercode. Alternatively you can pay someone who uses the 'proper' software to do it.

Bimmercode works most of the time but on rare occasions it cocks up and then it's difficult to fix. Worst case is a bricked module. For what it's worth I've used Bimmercode but forewarned is forearmed. 

9 hours ago, Steve84N said:

It can be coded using Bimmercode. Alternatively you can pay someone who uses the 'proper' software to do it.

Bimmercode works most of the time but on rare occasions it cocks up and then it's difficult to fix. Worst case is a bricked module. For what it's worth I've used Bimmercode but forewarned is forearmed. 

Thanks for that, I’m very wary of doing things beyond my skill set 

18 hours ago, Sgc22 said:

Hi,

new member, I’m collecting my 2015 msport tourer this week.

the boot release button on the fob only unlocks the glass part of the tailgate, can you code the car so entire tailgate opens and closes with the fob?

all advice greatly appreciated, thanks

It shouldn't need coding. When you have the car in your possession, try the buttons, press and hold the tailgate button for a few seconds. Also check for the settings in the iDrive. My old 2010 F11 (UK) had all buttons working in this way.

• Thanks 1

• 7 months later...
3 hours ago, Cameron said:

Does anyone know Which is the fuse for the driver footwell release button? Need to check this since mine doesn't work cheers

Do you mean for the tailgate opening button as it is just a switch and doesn't have its own fuse. The switch acts on the CAS module and this is powered from fuses F38 and F56 in the front fuse box.

Edited by Matthew

• 2 weeks later...

Given the location of the switch it could easily just be corroded contacts on the switch. Possibly worth popping it out and letting rip with a multimeter....

... cheap options first.